lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1991 g2 question

Ok here is the story I found 4 older carts sitting outside a golf course. So I had to ask about them he said if I get two running I can have the other 2. So here is my first question. The first one I am working on has some really bad looking valves so I am cleaning them up and I noticed one does not have a valve seal. I looked it up online and the two stores I went to only have them for the intake valve am I to asume that there is not one for the exhaust valve? I will probably have some more questions as the weeks go on. I cant wait to be a yamahammer owner...
hunt4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 g2 question

Well i have a spare head. I have lots of extra parts!!!!! What kind of deal are you willing to make with me??? Ive rebuilt 5 different Yamaha G9s. 2 are in Texas and the other 3 are still here with me
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

what do I have to trade for an answere to my question? I just need to know if there is supose to be a valve seal on the exhaust piston. It does not look like I can order one and there was not one present on the machine, but I thought it may have rotted off or does it not come with one. I will offer my children for the answer final offer.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

I dont know off the top of my head but i will look at the head that i have tonight.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

exhaust & intake seals are probably the same ! Possibly maybe.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

For years I would install seals on both intake and exhaust (the head is machined to fit), Yamaha only installed one on the intake. A very wise man explained it to me, the exhaust valve gets so hot, that the seal is damaged very quickly. Since then, only install on intake. Hope that awnser's the question.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

thank you I asked around today and came up with same thing but its nice to know why
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha