lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New st/gen and 15 ground fuses later...nothing

I just found bad spot on red/wht wire on the relay plug in that ties in with positive fuse we will see if that was culprit
piron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great! Now you're making some progress!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

But in alot of threadz people say the g1 is not frame grounded even though in the schematic it looks as though

Yes it is grounded but with only 14 or so gauge wire very small wire not adequate for me. Should have the ground to both motor and frame with number 8. If you due not have a good ground you may having problems with burning up the small ground to engine ( it happen to me), also no ground for lights if you choose to install any.

The bottom line is, It will never hurts to have to many grounds, but it will hurt if you due not have a ground or a under sized ground !!!
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by piron3 View Post
Well to no avail! No fuses blowing now but no solenoids clicking. I think im gonna take the harness out and checj it again hey if on a vom with nothing hooked to the st/gen I hold blk on neg. Post of batt and touch frame I have no beep or continuity but when I touch engine I do is that right? Thanks again for any help!
Your VOM is correct with original wiring there is no continuity to the frame.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #15
piron3
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey just wanna let u guys know that the,connector inside the relay plug was broke fix it and yes it worked correctly! Woooooo hooo is the least of what I said! Thanks for all your input now its on to replacing a intermintent pedal switch and then tunin it up! Thanks again ..... Now I gotta search out all the tunin posts!lol altleast they mean its runnin!
piron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha