lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
trirc
Not Yet Wild

Default Name that rear end (differential)

I recently bought a mini rail with a snowmoble 570 engine. I was told it had a golf cart secondary and rear axle.
I think the secondary is a Salsbury driven clutch (which is from club car)
http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Direct-Salsbury-Driven-Clutch/dp/B006O0E43O http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Direct-Salsbury-Driven-Clutch/dp/B006O0E43O
I know that I need to replace the ramp shoes (which I think are these)
http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Direct-Driven-Clutch-Button/dp/B006O0F4OW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1337669310&sr=8-7 http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Direct-Driven-Clutch-Button/dp/B006O0F4OW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1337669310&sr=8-7

For the life of me, I cannot figure out that rear end differential. I think is is a yamaha. But I'm not %100. Once we figure out who made it, then I can find out if a Plowman's Posi will fit in there. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_4761.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4768.JPG
trirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Name that rear end (differential)

These are from my 2001 Yamaha G-20.

Golf Cart 001.jpg

Golf Cart 002.jpg

Golf Cart 003.jpg

Golf Cart 025.jpg

Golf Cart 195.jpg

Hope this helps, LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
trirc
Not Yet Wild

LURCH. Thanks a ton. That is exactly what I needed. I've spent several days trying to find a match to my golf cart differential. You helped me in a few hours. A buddy of mine told me that this forum was a good place to get information, but I didn't expect it so fast.

That Plowman's posi should fit that differential perfectly! That snowmobile engine puts out about 90 HP. I have a fresh top end and upgraded carbs on it. This thing should be a rocket. The guy before me clocked it at 63 mph. I'm hoping with a few changes to get it to 70ish.

If anyone else has any other information regarding my setup, please post it. Thanks to everyone who looked.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You have to be careful what tires you use with the Posi. Call it what you want but it's like the roll-out on drag slicks. If you get 2 tires that are 23/10.5/12's there might be anywhere from .5" to 1.5" difference if they're not close enough it could cause problem's on something that fast. Call and talk to Don @ Plowmans he can explain it a lot better than I can.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Looks like a Hyundia transaxle, not a Dana like LURCH's. Don't know about posi units for them.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
trirc
Not Yet Wild

Dead-gum-it!! I think smallblock is right. It just might be a Hyundai. Let me tell you why I think so. After looking through a few other threads on this forum, I found someone with a stock Hyundai rear end with the driven clutch exactly like mine (Salsbury-no not the steak). The other forum stated that the Hyundai was a knock off of Yamaha. That's why they look just like the G-20 differentials.

My thought is this... if the Hyundai is a knock off of Yamaha, then it is highly possible that the Plowman's Posi would fit because that posi fits the Yamaha's really well (I'm hoping).

Thanks smallblock. I think you're correct on this one.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
trirc
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know of a product that I can buy that will make my Hyundai rear differential into a limited slip? Hyundai is a Yamaha knock off. Do you think a normal Yamaha limited slip (like Plowman's Posi) will fit the Hyundai?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry, don't think so.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha