lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Got in a pinch, used VW alternator belt

The other day I was running the cart around.**** thing is running like a song too so that's wonderful.As I got back to my driveway though, the starter belt gave out.At least it waited huh?

Yesterday was blazing freaking hot and I really wanted that nice wind riding on the cart.I'm sure other people have tried it, and I know it's not at all proper, but the alternator belt from a VW diesel rabbit worked out perfectly.Don't worry, it was only for yesterday.Just thought I'd share.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got in a pinch, used VW alternator belt

good tip. i for one don't see the need to change it out if it works. a fan type belt is a fan type belt.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

What ^^ said !. When mine started to crack I just went to the autostore and said get me the cheapest that is this size. They put it on their machine and gave me a new one. I have no idea what it fits (apart from my cart), but I guarantee that an alternator belt has a harder life than a golf cart.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Well if you guys like it, I may just keep using it.It isn't quite as wide as the regular belt and it started slipping when I go to start, but it's also pretty old and glazed.And $7 Vs. $20 makes a difference.I'll get myself a brand new one and see how long it holds up.

FOR SCIENCE!!!
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliarc View Post
Well if you guys like it, I may just keep using it.It isn't quite as wide as the regular belt and it started slipping when I go to start, but it's also pretty old and glazed.And $7 Vs. $20 makes a difference.I'll get myself a brand new one and see how long it holds up.

FOR SCIENCE!!!
Keep us informed
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO