lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Chuckie
Getting Wild

Default 86 carryall 2

Looking at a 86 carryall 2 that is complete. The whole bed and seat lift up at the same time. It looks like it has a flat head motor and just wondering if anyone knows anything about that as far as what size, horsepower and is it a kawi motor like my other new carts? Any info would be awesome cause I pick this car up Friday.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 86 carryall 2

If it's an '86, it would have come stock with the KF82 flathead motor. It is a Kawasaki motor and it's rated at about 8hp. Are you sure it's an '86 though? The earliest Carryall II I've ever seen was a 1990 model. Below is a picture of a 1987 Carryall. The earlier Carryalls were just DS carts with brown plastic beds and possibly heavier springs. I could be wrong, but I find it sort of odd that they would make a Carryall II in 1986 but still make the original Carryall a year later.

This what the KF82 flathead motor looks like. It was used in the Club Car gas carts from 1984-1991:
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Chuckie
Getting Wild

On the tag it reads EG8629
Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Is the rear body made of aluminum?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If that's the serial than it must be, the "EG" denotes Carryall II according to the guide. Learn something new everyday. And you have to post up some pics when you get it.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Chuckie
Getting Wild

Yeah it's aluminum. I've seen somewhere on this site one just like it where the seat comes up with the rest of the body. I'ts like it's a flat bed with an older carryall box. The sides of the box are more rounded than my 2001 dump box. Actually a pretty cool looking unit aside from I have no idea how you would dump it with stuff in the box cause it seemed pretty **** heavy today.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I may be mistaken but is that not a regular cart with a bed attached to it ? I don't ever recall seeing a carryall with a bag well for clubs before. It's also odd that the seat backs rise with the dump bed and as Springbok pointed out, 86 is an odd year for a carryall 2.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Chuckie
Getting Wild

I punched in 1986 club car carryall 2 and one pic came up that looks just like it. It has a white or grayish front cowl and click on the pic and there is three pics of. The only dif is the one I'm looking at is black
Old 08-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Chuckie
Getting Wild

Also the forward /reverse lever and choke are on the side of the seat just like the one in the pics
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
Chuckie
Getting Wild

My bad. I've been cruising around trying to find out more about this thing. On this site are the pics of one just like it. It's under 1986 what's it worth in the club car thread.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car