lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #21
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: What have I done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
big block !!!! Go big or don't go at all lol
YA......what he said!!!!
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #22
FlyingRN
Getting Wild
Club Car

ProjectClubCar... I hate to ask, bc i know its gonna hurt, but.... How much ya think you've spent in the conversion from the Kaw to the BB? Would you do it again? How do you use your cart mainly?
FlyingRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #23
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

we do not post such numbers as they can be used as evidence against us in a court of law and its just not polite

and the real Answer is "Way to Much"
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #24
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

lol
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #25
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRN View Post
ProjectClubCar... I hate to ask, bc i know its gonna hurt, but.... How much ya think you've spent in the conversion from the Kaw to the BB? Would you do it again? How do you use your cart mainly?
flyin i am gonna answer these questions in reverse order.....

my poor cart is gets really abused, "i am that guy" that has to see how fast it will go, that has to see if it can make it through the mud, that has to see if it will climb those set of stairs, you getting the picture yet????? and yess that motor does all of those things.......that the kaw motor could not do!!!!!
on the other hand, the cart is dossel enough that my wife can jump on an enjoy as well, best of both worlds as far wild and tame go

thinking back, i wished i would have put the motor in when i got the cart, missed out on a lot of fun cause i could not go or get to some places, so yess in a heart beat, i would do it all over again just sooner....

the part that hurts......cost!!!!!
i ordered my set up from tom at cartpartsplus, being that "i am that guy", i had to have the 23 all decked out, which is the biggest he had to offer.
3 grand to my front door, and it comes with everything needed to make it work, it was a true drop in and go play set up... which is what sold me
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #26
FlyingRN
Getting Wild
Club Car

I was really hoping for a different answer... Like, no it didn't meet my expectations.... Unfortunately, looks like I'm gonna have to start saving my pennies... Thanks for your honest input.... Reminds me of my first engine build with my dad...me... "How fast can I go?" My dad... "How much money ya got?" Sigh....
FlyingRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #27
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

If you want the best its gonna cost ya, but if you want the second best (and I personally think its the best bang for the buck) the vegas clone will run you half that. Just sayin.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

for me,
it was not about cost, it was about not second guessing myself, settling for something i know i would not be happy with.
i have been a member of bgw since 2011, so i was not quick to get the motor, i waited, did my homework, when the fe 290 lost its spunk,i knew what i wanted, i have ridden on a few clone motors, none vegas carts. but i do know that is not what i was looking for....
i am sure vegas carts puts out a great product, but i yet to see a turn key package. so i really don't know the total cost of what it takes to make them work.
my set up came with everything needed to make it work!!!!!!
motor, new clutchs, belt, cables, and a wiring harness ready to go!!!
and on top of that, the install was really pretty easy....

and this is just my opinion, i am not trying to start a debate, on which one is better, i am sure that ethier one would be an improvment over stock!!!!

and i could have gotten the motor cheaper, but i had to have all the bells and whistles.......
Old 03-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #29
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And more then likely you will never need to do it again....good choice
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #30
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

I hope this season I get a chance to compare mine against a big block v twin cart. I think that is what everybody is waiting for, to see the facts in black and white.I'm not partial to any replacement motor, for me the biggest factor was cost. Now that I have my clone I will definitely be saving up for a big block conversion.
PCC, our carts are built very similarly, I think you and I should go head to head someday and just have fun with it!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car