lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Used Badboy buggie Should I buy?

same with my wife i just tend to have a problem with keeping them after i get done fixing and customizing them , i get bored and start another project then the cart i just got done with is in the way so i sell it and aggrivate the wife and daughter because they had a cart to ride for a few weeks , and now theirs just me in the garage waiting on the ups guy.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Revolution,

I would have jumped on that also! Pics???

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I wouldn't have bought that thing with y'all's money. 05 or 06 should have the green navitas 1000A controller. I don't know that you are going to find an alltrax replacement. Controller(s) are going to be 1000+. If you were looking for a true big project and are into it then disregard everything I've said. I just think for the amount of money you are going to be in it (if you do it right) you could have bought a legit built cart ready to roll. make sure the unit has had the pedal assembly upgraded. 10,000+ units were recalled due to the cart taking off with no warning. One went through the wall in my shop as I was working on the headlights. It narrowly escaped getting seriously injured.

Like I said if you know what you have gotten into then that's fine, I like a good challenge myself. If you don't, well I'll be praying for you. My .02
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
I wouldn't have bought that thing with y'all's money. 05 or 06 should have the green navitas 1000A controller. I don't know that you are going to find an alltrax replacement. Controller(s) are going to be 1000+. If you were looking for a true big project and are into it then disregard everything I've said. I just think for the amount of money you are going to be in it (if you do it right) you could have bought a legit built cart ready to roll. make sure the unit has had the pedal assembly upgraded. 10,000+ units were recalled due to the cart taking off with no warning. One went through the wall in my shop as I was working on the headlights. It narrowly escaped getting seriously injured.

Like I said if you know what you have gotten into then that's fine, I like a good challenge myself. If you don't, well I'll be praying for you. My .02
I definitely know what I am getting into. This won't be any more complicated than my Club Car XRT upgrade. It was a complete redo, all new wiring harness, custom battery tray, new controller and new motor.

[IMG][/IMG]

I plan on using two controllers for this cart. One front one rear. Probably use the Alltrax 7245's since they are $400 each. The one I put in my XRT has been quite impressive. I will start with 48 volt for now and move up to 72 volt once I can't take it any more.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

oh, it does have the pedal upgrade, forgot to mention that. One more thing, the controller in it now is a SRE, I guess they were bought out by navitas.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #16
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

nice find. good luck with it and keep us posted
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

We'll it does look like a fun project. I've got some new 14.76:1 Spicer rear ends and front differential /cv joint type stuff if you ever wanted to go that rough for 4wd
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #18
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
We'll it does look like a fun project. I've got some new 14.76:1 Spicer rear ends and front differential /cv joint type stuff if you ever wanted to go that rough for 4wd
I know its been a while but I think I might take two of those spicer rear ends. In the future I want to add some taller tires and those low gears would be just the ticket. Ill send you an email in the next few days if you still have any left.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #19
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

An update to an almost forgotten build;

The new wiring harness is completed. The old wiring was such a mess from the factory it could not be salvaged. There were so many splices, wire color changes and wire size changes that most of it went to the recycle pile. Ive never seen such a mess of a factory harness. Its no wonder the previous owner and technician gave up on it.

My biggest concern was getting two Alltrax axe 72450 controllers to play nice together, Alltrax provides a diagram for running two axe controllers together but I had my doubts. I should have trusted their knowledge. They work great! Its hard to tell when the front motor and rear motor are being powered at the same time.

Its still only 48 volts, the batteries it came with were new but left uncharged for quite a while so I could not justify adding new batteries to a questionable pack. Ill run it at 48 till They need replacing and then make the jump to 72 volts.

The D&D motors on this cart are quite impressive, with the parking brake on and the front motor powered it will spin tires on concrete and asphalt. The rear motor will tear up grass and gravel like nobodies business. Just for fun I drove it up a vertical bank on a creek bed and against all odds it climbed the damed the thing, I couldn't quite make it over the ridge due to the long wheel base but the fact that it made it to the top was nice.

Now the areas that need improvement:

Brakes!: I installed new pads,and drums I adjusted them correctly, but stock ezgo rear only brakes won't stop this heavy cart at all! Both the front motor and rear motor can over power the brakes like they aren't there. I think I need brakes on all four wheels. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

I need new seat covers. The old ones are falling apart. Who has the best ones at a good price? They don't have to be camo just something that looks good withe the camo body.

The last thing I need is a good quality throttle pedal 0-5k or 5k-0, Ive been using a make shift contraption thats scary at best, Ive looked at the curtis and the chinese options but I can't justify $80 to $200 on something that should cost $40 or less, internet searches have left me with expensive stuff. My current throttle cost $2.50 LOL.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:36 AM   #20
Hondajr
Not Yet Wild

hey revolution I just bought a bad boy with a bad controller and had the same idea for two alltrax controllers can you post some pictures of the setup thanks just glad to find someone who has done it
Hondajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts