lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #21
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My G2 AKA "The Donkey"

Looking good!!I havent heard any complaints on handling with the design,but I also spent alot of time finding the "Sweet spot".
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #22
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Keep us posted JC
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #23
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I went to start my cart the other day but it wouldn't start. Didn't take me long to diagnose the Polaris fuel pump was shot. Life has taken a turn for me lately as my other thread states. On top of it all mg cousin and his wife and daughter moved in with us. While moving I came across a Mr gasket micro fuel pump rated at 3-4 psi sitting in a garbage pile. I snagged it popped the hood and touch the wires to the battery and it buzzed and sounded great. Brought it home and today got a chance to install it. Works perfect doesn't push too much and the float causes it to kick off at the right time. Fired up my cart and the engine moved way too much. The rubber on the front motor mount ripped out completely. I have a spare I'll swap tomorrow and I'm going to build a strap to limit how much the engine moves. Apparently the G2 rubber isn't made to handle the Polaris's power especially after almost 25 years. Also found I had a torn valve stem but that was replaced easily enough. Felt good to be working in the garage again for the first time in way too long. One good thing about the front mount being ripped apart is it made swapping to a shorter belt easier lol. It runs better then ever now that its getting proper fuel to go with the open air filter and super trap muffler I've been running. After I get the motor locked down I'm going to tear it up around the yard to see what proper fuel and a proper length belt will do. Then I can finally swap in the spare rear diff I've welded up. It sees basically 0 road so its going to be worth it to me. And if not I'll swap back to the open diff. Then it'll be time for paint and then FINALLY lifting our dang limo cart.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #24
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I happened to find a spare 38mm mikuni carb sitting around. It'd been cannibalized for parts before bit I took my 34 off my engine in the cart and put the secondary jet in mg carb from the 38. Holy crap what a difference. Tapped the throttle from 1/8 (just cruising) to almost 1/2 making a turn around one of the out buildings and ended up facing the wrong way with my cousin and I laughing like idiots. It still has a small oil leak to track down but its small so I'll just keep checking it for now. Fires up so quick with no choke and now finally pulls strong to 7k. 7k rpm with stock gearing and 24" tires is fast enough for me. Thanks to the upgraded spring in the driven clutch it pulls like a train at any rpm. I'm very very pleased. Now its time to swap in the diff I welded up over the winter then time for paint.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #25
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Sounds like fun. Post a pic or two.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #26
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well doesn't look much different from the last pics. But I'll post as I start the body work.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:36 PM   #27
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMvsOlUKLo
Old 06-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #28
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Great video.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #29
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I just wish my buddy had the camera rolling when I climbed another hill and ended up doing a 30 yard wheelie.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #30
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wow, great job buddy.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donkey, pachanga lift, polaris, swap, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha