lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Theskullstalker
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 Violent rocking of the engine

Looking for the group of guys that posted back in 2011 ish. They were talking with a guy about the same type of issue. If your are still around I could use your help.
For those wanting to know about my issue.
Its a G9 I rebuilt the engine today. Had the valves and head looked at; no issues there. New piston rings; not bored std size. gaskets and so on. The problem is the same as before I rebuilt the engine. I would crank the engine over and it would try and run. It would fire intermittently and run for a sec or two. It would then stop like it broke something inside then turn over again and try to run. After a while of it doing this I could hold the gas pedal just past the point of start and it would run, then pick up a lot of RPMs and run great then it would slow down and violently start the hard starting problem over again.
Notes: I have two carbs both cleaned Ive tried them both on run to rick blacking the head and spark plug. the other seem to be fine. I have spark I have compression 150-160 psi. I have the valves set to .004. I have everything like the manual tells me to. I also have two ignition packs small black box the mounts to the bottom of the gas tank. I have switched them both out having the same results. I really need to get this thing going for my step father who is sick and would like to have it running again to help him get around the yard. Can some one please help with advise and things I might have not messed with yet. Thank you.
Theskullstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha