lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2005 EZGO reduced range suddenly

Haven’t posted in a while but my year old Trojan batteries seem to be letting me down. With 500lbs on the cart I’m estimating 6-7 mile range now. Cart did sit for a month at one time but every week at least I reset the charger to make sure batteries were taken care of. Tonight we went for a ride; at the end voltage was 37.2v after going 3.2 miles.

Fully charged I’m getting 38.2v. Using stock powerwise charger. 60 degrees outside.

Just got off charger and all 6 batteries are 6.4-6.5v. Possible batteries just need to be run some?
EzGoRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 EZGO reduced range suddenly

Did you check the water in your batteries?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Fully charge, get readings to "second decimal point" 6.xx. drive cart until "slow" happens, immediately get each X.xx reading again. Note which ones are which by location (furthest back right "passenger side" & back middle are most suspect, since they power 12v lights).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #4
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Checked voltage this morning after sitting overnight; 6.43-6.46 was the range. Water was covering the plates on all batteries. I added a little water anyways and sent it through another charge cycle.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 6 8v Trojans not even two years old letting me down. idk whats going on but they wont hardly charge to 100% anymore. Its been showing about 79% when I hop on it and I rest charger occasionally when it sits.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #6
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Fully charge, get readings to "second decimal point" 6.xx. drive cart until "slow" happens, immediately get each X.xx reading again. Note which ones are which by location (furthest back right "passenger side" & back middle are most suspect, since they power 12v lights).
Do PDS carts have "drive until slow?"
Old 02-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #7
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tonight drove pack down to 37.7v, low batt was 6.28v and high batt 6.34v
Old 02-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #8
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

When I called Trojan they gave me instructions how I should equalize charge my batteries. This was even with my built in charger doing an equalization. I'd reccomend giving them a call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCl5klSF4tE
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #9
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did some more checking last night. The **** tires were low. My max psi is 12. I only have those manual tire checkers with 10psi being the minimum and the tire pressure didn't even register on the gauge! They are all sitting around 13psi now. I ran 5.34 miles by myself pack voltage was 37.4v. I guess that makes my range around 13 miles or so?? Maybe I'm back to normal but do want to try the balance charging.

Edit: I take those pack voltages 1 minute or so after stopping. I am learning new things daily - I need to wait about an hour to get that measurement.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #10
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

37.4v today after 9.72 miles with 300lbs on cart. Let it sit for an hour before taking voltage. Found voltage/SOC spreadsheet on the site, exactly what I needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO