lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What’s the range for 48v RXV?

I have Trojan batteries that are 2 years old. The cart gets light use.

I had it stored for the winter and took it out yesterday. It was full but after a few miles (maybe 3) it dropped 30%

Stock Curtis controller
Max speed is 13 MPH

Thanks.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: What’s the range for 48v RXV?

You likely have battery problems. I have hit 20+ mile range. Do you have huge tires.

You need to drive, while monitoring battery pack voltage, the numbers dont lie. If it's often hitting 42-44v range, you got big trouble coming.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You likely have battery problems. I have hit 20+ mile range. Do you have huge tires.

You need to drive, while monitoring battery pack voltage, the numbers dont lie. If it's often hitting 42-44v range, you got big trouble coming.
What range should it be hitting.

I just mapped out my route (from life 360) and I actually went 6.4 miles on that trip so that’s just at 20 mile range. Whoa. I may need to sell this cart and get a gas one. I may need more range. The kids go everywhere in this community.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbar View Post
I have Trojan batteries that are 2 years old. The cart gets light use.

I had it stored for the winter and took it out yesterday. It was full but after a few miles (maybe 3) it dropped 30%

Stock Curtis controller
Max speed is 13 MPH

Thanks.
You might want to look at my post below where I logged the amp draw of an RXV:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-amp-draw.html

What I found was that, once up to speed, at 19.5 mph on level ground with one person the cart pulled less than 56 amps with stock tires.

Look at the amp rating of your batteries. They are rated based on minutes at 56 amps. This should give you an indication of your range WHEN YOUR BATTERIES WERE IN OPTIMAL STATE.

My experience has been that batteries do not stay in this optimal state
(if they ever achieve it) very long. After a relatively short while generally I get about 80% of the minute rating on the battery.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:51 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The RXV actually has about the lowest "at cruising speed" amp draw out there. An old series cart is far worse all the way across the board.

Those issues are still why I love my gasser carts, if I decide to go for a ride out in the desert, the risk of running out of propulsion is low, unless I havent checked my tank in about a month.

(But I will admit it did happen once)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO