lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
EZPZtxt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default xct400 with MOT-b2 SLOW!

First time poster here, I skipped the introduction page i apologize.

My cart is 2005 36V TXT pds. it has 2 gauge wires set and a MOT-B2 8hp motor. the cart was really fast top speed with stock controller and the freedom plug but after reading about all of your guys's carts i was under the impression i needed to upgrade to some newer stuff, customizable really. i have plenty of practice tuning cars but I'm new to the software and don't even own a pc. side note--( why doesn't alltrax offer a IOS version like most software makers?) anyways i got a kit from good ol scottyb with an alltrax 400 and hd solenoid and i was under the impression it would come programed to rock? he asked me about my motor specifically, its just super slow.I didn't run into any problems with the install all instruction seamed to be cut and dry. i posted some pics to see if anyone can see any problems or missteps. I got a steady green light on the controller and good throttle response just no speed.. i am assuming i need to do my own programming? is so can i use a surface pro 3 tablet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alltrax400.jpg (215.1 KB, 0 views)
EZPZtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: xct400 with MOT-b2 SLOW!

Do you have the speed sensor from the motor hooked up? From the picture it does not look like it is. Where it says J1 is where it should go. There are two receptacles that are exactly the same which will allow you to insert the speed sensor connector in the wrong place. If you put it in the wrong one it will go slow...…don't ask me how I know this....LOL. Consult your Alltrax wiring diagram to make sure all of the connectors are in the right place on your controller.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
EZPZtxt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Much appreciated information sir.. I didn’t notice two identical ports. Smh
Old 05-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #4
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your welcome. Let us know if that fixes it.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZPZtxt View Post
Much appreciated information sir.. I didn’t notice two identical ports. Smh
Here is a schematic that shows the identical 3-pin jacks.
The four jacks in a cluster is where the PDS wiring harness plugs go and the one all by itself is for the optional FNKS module.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-NCT in PDS Rev-F.jpg (217.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
EZPZtxt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

y'all are an amazing community its nice to see everybody helping and knowing stuff.

the cart is fast and strong running great. top speed was better with the old controller and freedom plug but the hills seem to be much stronger with speed prbloy about 4 mope better then before. It used to go about 12-15 uphill now we do 15-19.I should have bought the 500 amp controller if i would have known

i thank scotty for sending me the map for the B2 its a great motor and controller set up.I and just ordered the BLE bluetooth module from evdrives. I talked to Will at alltrax today on the phone and he said the ISO phone version is completed and after the live session recording feature is finished in the app they will move to completing the MAC version of the software.... i will much appreciate that!

Ill post some pics of the cart soon.. I should probably wash it to show it to you first

Tags
xct400 mot b2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO