lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Herky Jerky 2008 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
My guess is that where the MCOR shaft enters the assy is where junk can get in . . .

yes that could be right.......dosn,t say much for it being a sealed unit though.........this isn,t the 1st time i have heard them reccomend to drill a hole in it ??? wonder why that is................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yes that could be right.......dosn,t say much for it being a sealed unit though.........this isn,t the 1st time i have heard them reccomend to drill a hole in it ??? wonder why that is................................
By "sealed", I mean one can not easily disassemble . . . and there are probably no replaceable component parts available . . . CC probably considers it a disposable part . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

oh i know what your saying but like me when i hear sealed unit i kinda take for granted it also should be water resistant...........but if they are sealed and not supposed to be opened i wonder why C.C. would tell you to drill a hole in it to drain water?? just seems they like to play with words......................
Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #24
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

The holes are drilled in the bottom black cover that surrounds the entire assembly, not drilled into the MCOR itself. From everyone that I've talked to that has a Precedent, it seems the MCOR is one of the more frequently failing units in the cart. The dealers want over $250 for an MCOR, but the link I provided it's $119.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

someone here had a buch of used ones they got their hands on like 50 of them.................if i recall he was selling them for 50 bucks a pop........................
Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think robbie over at Plum Quick has them along with some other used parts from Precedents.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #27
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
I think robbie over at Plum Quick has them along with some other used parts from Precedents.
Correct and for only $50
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Erict,.. Thanks for the info. My problem is I always want to "Prove" that there is a problem before I just "Swap" it out. This is hard to do with an MCOR. My other problem is I just don't think the symptoms match with most electrical problems, such as shorts or opens. I can drive the cart at a constant 3+ miles per hour on a flat level road and the movement of the cart steady slow and then a quick pulse of speed which immediatley falls back to the slow speed. This repeats over and over and over.

If everyone will pause a moment and just assume for a second that I've proven somehow that it is not the MCOR,..what other components could cause such a cyclical motion. Could it be the Field effect speed sensor.

If I knew what kind of circuit was inside an MCOR maybe I could understand how it could create such a speed condition. For $50 buck I'm not going to worry about this too long and will contact them tomorrow.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #29
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I believe inside the MCOR is a variable resisitor and a microswitch. So it's not hard to believe that some type of corrosion inside a variable pot can cause what you are experiencing. I couldn't prove it either, but checked batteries, cables, controller, speed sensor in the motor before replacing it. But the problem has been solved ever since. Good luck.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

guys, after being a certified mechanic for over 30 years when i got into golfcarts i thought to myself peice of cake.........can,t tell you how wrong i was, one thing i learned quickly was that these little beasts don,t make a lot of sense a lot of times.......i mean you can have 2 exact carts doing the same exact thing and come up with 2 totally different problems with 2 totally different sulutions..............there are times you just need to put the meter down and go with your gut and times when you just close the manual and go old school............its just the way they are and after 10 years now of playing with them i still just try and never assume anything because of what the cart may be doing.......................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car