lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wire to charging missing?

I had the batteries replaced on my 93 Club Car DS and now the battery charger will not come on when plugged in. Shouldn't there be a wire from the last battery terminal to the charger connection? I think they left it off which was the main reason I took it there in the first place!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wire.jpg (157.6 KB, 18 views)
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wire to charging missing?

Deleted.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The terminal with the black wire which goes back to the motor (if I remember correctly) had an additional wire on it that ran to the charger....
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Check here:

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals/cl...c_vehicles.pdf

Page 12-2 shows a wire from charger receptacle to first negative terminal (wire 19) assuming it is a resistor cart . . .

Page 12-10 for controller cart . . . white wire from charger receptacle to battery 6 negative terminal . . .

edit: sorry for the edits . . had to research a little and info changed as I assumed you had controller cart, but also needed info if you had resistor cart . . .
Old 02-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Steve
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes you should have a 10 gage black wire from charge receptical to last battery neg.terminal.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The Cart Shop did send their "repair team" out to the house and "rigged"... I mean fixed.....no "rigged' the cart so it worked. Then after some discussion between themselves it was fixed....back up alarm working ..check....reverse working...cart moved in reverse...check.....put cart in forward....not so good. More discussion ......move wires around......backup alarm...check......put cart in forward...check.....stop...put cart in reverse...alarm check....foot on go in reverse ...nothing.......more discussion........back and forth and so on.....

Finally....when I was tired of watching the "master minds" at work.....I took one look and said.....shouldn't that wire be hooked up also...

My Company has regular drug testing.....I don't know if they have drug testing in the golf cart industry.... too bad they don't have rehab for stupid.......

I'll post a pic of the fix later......10 gauge wire was what I was informed to be the correct repair.....what I got was trailer light wire..........
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yes you should have a 10 gage black wire from charge receptical to last battery neg.terminal.................................
My 93 DS has this, except it is white. I bet original was black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETX View Post
The Cart Shop did send their "repair team" out to the house and "rigged"... I mean fixed.....no "rigged' the cart so it worked. Then after some discussion between themselves it was fixed....back up alarm working ..check....reverse working...cart moved in reverse...check.....put cart in forward....not so good. More discussion ......move wires around......backup alarm...check......put cart in forward...check.....stop...put cart in reverse...alarm check....foot on go in reverse ...nothing.......more discussion........back and forth and so on.....

Finally....when I was tired of watching the "master minds" at work.....I took one look and said.....shouldn't that wire be hooked up also...

My Company has regular drug testing.....I don't know if they have drug testing in the golf cart industry.... too bad they don't have rehab for stupid.......

I'll post a pic of the fix later......10 gauge wire was what I was informed to be the correct repair.....what I got was trailer light wire..........
Boy, with experts like that, who needs idiots?

It sounds like you are on the right track. I don't see how else you will charge the whole pack without it.
I think they left it off. "repair team" indeed.....

One of the best things I've done is taking all my batteries out, drawing the wiring and re-installing everything. Where I was once in pitch black, there is now a bright light somewhere ahead in the fog. Mine is much simpler with only one micro on the F&R, but this has really helped me a lot. Just food for thought....
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You might also consider upgrading all of your cables to a better quality set.
The red ones look to be the "Ford" automotive style with the cheap ends and might not be a true 6ga wire, just a thick insulator.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Moe, Larry and Curly . . . always enjoyed watching those guys in action . . . I think they also work at local tire shop up here . . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car