lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Jim"Bob" Bebermeyer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car 2007 IQ Battery Charging Solution

When you think you’re buying the perfect battery charger and it doesn’t work, then what do ya do? Call the seller? Nope! They just sell! Call the cart manufacturer? Nope! They’ll tell to buy their charger! So what is a person to do?

Here is some hope! Aftermarket battery chargers are a good purchase! For a couple of reasons! They cost less then OEM chargers (if ya shop around you can get some good bargains from sellers and reputable resellers) and they are more efficient by reducing charging cycle times. ChaCing! I can think of a few more, but I will leave it at that.

So, what about that charger that doesn’t work? The most common cause is that your greedy on-board computer does not want to relinquish its prime orders! To release control of charging the battery to that nice, shiny, fully automated, new battery charger! So, what is the solution?

Here it is in a nut shell, Bypass the On-Board Computer. Yes, I said bypass! It doesn’t have to be as complicated a heart bypass either.

I spent four days researching this subject and came to the conclusion that for a 2007 48 VDC Club Car Presedent with IQ there was no help out there. Oh! I found 36V system solutions for earlier models! This kind ‘a helped but didn’t give me a direct solution, because I think those who provided them were just as helpless as I was.

In the attachment I have provided a diagram to help understand the solution I came up with.

Hope this helps someone out there and if you see a problem with it give me a howler. TY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48 VDC CLUB CAB 2006-2007 On-Board Computer Bypass.JPG (80.7 KB, 20 views)
Jim"Bob" Bebermeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
battery charging, bypass, club car 2007 iq, schuaer jac1548
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car