lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
MaxGyver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 94 CC Series - motionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
does cart have a v-glide? if so have you looked at the microswitch in there? if not check it..............................
Will check and post when I get back home, it's a work day.

Thanks
MaxGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
smokey02
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am having the same problem except my micro switch is giving power from the F&R switch to the solenoid but the solenoid will not give power to the v-glide. (yes I jumped the soleniod works find and its brand new)Found out the micro switch in the v-glide was broken. Easy fix for 16.00 ordered the two prong micro switch just in case for the F&R and ordered the three prongs for the V-Glide hope this is the fix for no power. Waiting on parts to arrive.
Here is the deal new motor ,new cables, and new soleniod turn the key on now power at all. Prior to this the cart ran find. Two hours later found out it was a 7.00 mirco switch.
smokey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
MaxGyver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK here is where the problems stands:
I opened up the V-glide and nearly got fooled - the (3 contact/2 in use) micro switch circuit showed closed when metered across the contacts, but it ALSO did it with NO pressure on the switch arm that is supposed to close it! The darn return spring acts like it's not there.

So that makes it 2 micro switches and a diode burned out or malfunctioning. This all makes me wonder what is the likely cause of these electrical problems.
Also, can I swap out a 2 contact switch for one of the 3 contact types so long as only 2 are required?

You guys have definitely helped ~ Know you have my thanks & a rain check for a beverage of your choice.
MaxGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you want my honest opinion its the 38 rather then 36 volts running thur it...........i know guys are gohna disagree with me here but i,ll tell you i have seen this same exact thing happen on many carts where the people threw an 8 volt battery in instead of a 6 volt and were running 38 volts ..............all i can say is if you get the cart to 36 volts these little mistery problems will go away i gurantee it................can,t tell you the problems i have seen this cause.........oh and yes you can use the 3 prong switch...............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car