lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Chew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I may have said that wrong. It's trying to crank. Just won't start
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2015, 04:34 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: What would you check next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
I see that one of your comments is that it won't turn over. If that is correct you can't check your spark.
I saw where he said that too, but if it wasn't cranking he wouldn't have been able to operate his fuel pump, since it's powered by engine vacuum:
Quote:
*Checked fuel pump....seems to be working fine. Disconnected from carb and fuel comes out of the line while trying to start.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #13
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like your not getting spark. pull the plug out and then stick it back in and ground to the block. If no spark

1st Down under the oil dip stick tube is the coil exciter ( very small) and the rpm limiter.
There should be one single wire going to the rpm limiter. It has a plug connector.
It is usually routed on the pass. side going back around the starter generater to the
black box. If you find this unplug and see if you have spark. If you do something
wrong with other system not motor. Still no spark leave unplugged

2nd unbolt the brown ground wire going from the rpm limiter to frame. Remember the
rpm limiter is bigger than the exciter and has several wires. If still no spark I would
order the coil exciter as they do go out. The coils usually don't go out that much.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #14
Chew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What would you check next?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Is exciter different/separate from igniter?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #15
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

I ment igniter. It is a small square box. It will be mounted on the bracket with the larger rpm limiter. I cant remember the year around 98 club car swithed to a coil with the igniter built in.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #16
Chew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I appreciate it. I think there may be an exciter coil up by the flywheel but I've read so much it all runs together. Going to my property today and will try to check spark
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #17
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

There is a exciter coil with the magneto/stator under the flywheel I think. It might be built into one unit. Those usually don't go out. But you have to pull the flywheel to get to both of these.

The ignition system on your cart doesn't need any power from the battery. By turning over the motor with the starter it makes its own power to spark. The single wire I was telling you to unhook first is just a ground wire that kills spark.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #18
Chew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does the spark plug wire/boot ever go bad?
Old 03-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #19
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

There is a carbon filter built into the 90 degree end of the spark plug boot. I've only seen 1 or 2 go out in 25 years. It wouldn't hurt to unscrew it and hold the wire about 1/4" away from metal to check spark. A new plug sometimes is your fix. Autolite 64
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #20
Chew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It was the microswitches/box. Box was broken and held on with zip ties. I didn't see it. Finally took it to a shop. They replaced the box/switches and runs great now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car