lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #1
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What one should I keep? 89 club car or 95 ezgo

Hey all! I have to pick all of your brains! I have 2 golf carts and I cannot decide which one is better to keep. First off I have a 1989 club car 2 seater with 36volt and 5 batteries that are 2009 and one from 2015. It has the resister coils. Now the other cart I have is a 1995 ezgo txt, it is a 4 seater with 3 batteries from 2010 and 3 batteries from 2011. This cart has a stereo system and all. Now the problem I am having is that the body and the over all shape on the club car is better but the ezgo has more accessories! So I am torn between which one to keep because I know I cannot keep both! So what do you all think ? Let me know and thanks for all the help!!
87chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 03:38 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: What one should I keep? 89 club car or 95 ezgo

Unless you want to spend a bunch of money making the "resistor coil" clubcar modern, keep the ezgo. Find the nearest high-volume ezgo dealer nearby, and ask them about clean "course cart" body parts if yours are too dinged-up. Put a coat of paint on the ezgo & make it into the cart you want it to be. This one is easy, sell the clubcar on CraigList, use the money to build the newer ezgo with the more modern electronics. They both would be needing batteries soon (forget about that one new battery, its gonna be just as crummy as the other old batteries, thats what happens to newer batteries mixed with old batteries, spending anything on new batteries to mix with old batteries is like throwing cash into a fire pit). A full set would be about the same for either one. Batteries older than 2 years that you have not personally cared for should be suspected as "possibly garbage". They may have sat dead for 6 months while the owner was away, then "re-charged" (this would be a death sentence for the longevity of the batteries), or used, but neglected for charging and watering. 5 years is a good, long life for "used frequently for golf" batteries, assume that they are "done". I have seen 10 year old batteries still "drive into the building", but dont plan on any range at all (i will add that i think that none of the battery manufacturers are making a better battery than what was available 10 years ago, the "lead battery" has passed its pinnacle, anyone who says otherwise might also refer you to their favorite battery supplier).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:58 AM   #3
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Unless you want to spend a bunch of money making the "resistor coil" clubcar modern, keep the ezgo. Find the nearest high-volume ezgo dealer nearby, and ask them about clean "course cart" body parts if yours are too dinged-up. Put a coat of paint on the ezgo & make it into the cart you want it to be. This one is easy, sell the clubcar on CraigList, use the money to build the newer ezgo with the more modern electronics. They both would be needing batteries soon (forget about that one new battery, its gonna be just as crummy as the other old batteries, thats what happens to newer batteries mixed with old batteries, spending anything on new batteries to mix with old batteries is like throwing cash into a fire pit). A full set would be about the same for either one. Batteries older than 2 years that you have not personally cared for should be suspected as "possibly garbage". They may have sat dead for 6 months while the owner was away, then "re-charged" (this would be a death sentence for the longevity of the batteries), or used, but neglected for charging and watering. 5 years is a good, long life for "used frequently for golf" batteries, assume that

they are "done". I have seen 10 year old batteries still "drive into the building", but dont plan on any range at all (i will add that i think that none of the battery manufacturers are making a better battery than what was available 10 years ago, the "lead battery" has passed its pinnacle, anyone who says otherwise might also refer you to their favorite battery supplier).
Awesome thank you for the response! I will be keeping the ezgo! Now the next question is, is there any way to make it faster? I read you can change our controllers and such? Thank you again for the input!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is the question we hear most often about these carts. Series drive carts like this one make more torque than speed. The biggest performance improvement comes from running the stock motor on 48v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
87chevy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is the question we hear most often about these carts. Series drive carts like this one make more torque than speed. The biggest performance improvement comes from running the stock motor on 48v.
Well the real question is what do I have to do to make it go up hills faste? And what would be the steps to make it do that? The actual speed driving on flat land is fine. That being said I want it to pull hills better and lastly what do I need to do to make the cart 48 volt?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

check with ScottyB and he can set you up for what you need
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO