lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Dluxcustoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ezgo series txt changed motor now its hot

cart came in with motor noise and intermittent stop issue. We pulled the motor and the armature had a big piece hanging off of it so we changed it. Now when it runs the cart goes 20mph but the all of the cables are getting hot and the new motor is also it has a stock controller should I change cables or am I missing something here? why does it go 20 now?
Dluxcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo series txt changed motor now its hot

DC motors can be wound for low end Torque, or high-speed, or someplace between the two. The stock motor used in carts is usually someplace in between.

Sounds like you have a motor wound for the higher end of high-speed motors, so the low-end torque and efficiency at the lower end is reduced and it is going to draw all the amps available to it when accelerating from a standstill.

The high current cables getting more than slightly warm indicate they need to be replaced. All 13 of them should be a minimum of 4Ga.

What is the make/model of the motor, some need a 400A or 500A controller to function properly.

-----
High performance motors can run fairly hot. 115°C (239°F) is the max case temperature for a motor with Class-H insulation.

Also, are tires stock (18") height?

Last edited by JohnnieB; 06-25-2015 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Added comment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Excellent post JohnnieB

There is an AMD ES1 motor that meets the description above. They are sold as good for stock control but the high amp draw will shorten the controller, solenoid, & F&R life.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #4
Dluxcustoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

tag on new motor says advanced dc A02-4012. I did find that the lug on the controller side of the solenoid was melted a little. I will change the solenoid here in a few and let you guys know what I find out.
Dluxcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO