lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default what type of control system is this in my "new" find?

I picked up another 3 wheel sparky today. Beat up but complete with old battery's.
They are not even completely dead,but very low on water.So I will get some distilled water and fill them and give them a charge to see what happens. It works with the charger plugged in as far as the cord will reach from what the previous owner said.
Anyway, this should be a 1986 from what I can tell from the numbers.
H1786 serial 413541
It should be a resistor cart as my 91 is electronic and I thought it was about 90 or so when the change happened. And I didn't bother to check before buying because I mostly figured the charger was worth what I paid.,
Anyhow,I open the seat and found this stuff. A silver box,and a tiny thing on the throttle. There might have been a sticker on the back or something but it is grungy or gone. Looks like it used to have the correct throttle assembly on it as there was marks on the slotted piece where it was once bolted.
Anyhow.it has a Curtis battery monitor on it which is cut loose. i hope it works as I want a battery meter on the 4 wheel cart I reconstructed.

Also the motor,must have been messed with at some point as it has a sticker on it from somewhere in new york and there is paint on each end. I would guess someone put brushes and bearings in it maby?
Basically I would like to know what I have for 40 bucks besides a beat up relic that will work with good battery's .I do not recognize this control system but it works. Is it reliable? Who made it? Is it difficult to refurbish the cart back to resistor if it is not reliable?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00089.JPG (60.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00090.JPG (60.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00091.JPG (61.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00093.JPG (61.5 KB, 0 views)
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: what type of control system is this in my "new" find?

Old 10-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so this must be a newer cart than 86? Well I guess this is my first of this type.
thank you for the response sir.
Edit,
Thanks to your post,I found this with google.
Wow this box does all kinds of stuff.!
http://www.spaennare.se/CURTIS1/curtis-1204-manual.pdf
Old 10-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

According to the Tag it is a 1986. Maybe someone upgraded to a Curtis some time in the past? Anything is better than them dang resistors....WHAT A WASTE OF POWER! I have a 93 with a Curtis in it. I did have an old Cushman Golfster Trike that i loved, but it was resistors and might have caught some tall grass on fire.
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GoingJon View Post
According to the Tag it is a 1986. Maybe someone upgraded to a Curtis some time in the past? \.
that's possable
here is beter diagram

Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #6
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, so this must be a decent system then for just running around the property then? I do know when i use my cart for spraying the resistors get warm and smelly because I am going slow.
I put water in the battery's and connected the charger and the amp gauge does not move but the voltage increases on my simpson meter so apparently something happens. i will let it sit a little while and check each battery. The 4 Jlg battery's seem to be low,the 2 interstates,seem BAD. So I will swap them out probably just to get the thing so it is not a dead horse to push around.I hate that
Old 10-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
crash test dummy

yes i found a 73 ezgo cart that had been converted to controller , it runs great

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-marathon.html
Old 10-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks, Is there any way of determining if the motor has had modifications as in rewound or something? What little I have bumped the throttle on this thing to check things out,no more charge than it has it has alot of "JUMP" to it, like it is fixin to fly off!
1 thing is for sure,there is not a straight corner on this thing. rubber is all (##& up, all body panels are bent. But the same panels on the gaser I have are in decent shape. UM,May research drilling out spot welds when I decide to fix this thing.
I have wanted to build another utv type thing like I did with my 77 but I don't know if a 3 wheeler would be safe to do that with?
Edit,
Update, I switched out 3 batterys that went straight to 0 when i hit the button on the load tester. The 1's i put in had at least a volt or 2 with load that had been out on the junk pallet for a year or more. I used 3 12 volt chargers and charged the 3 pairs until the big charger liked it and started doing it's thing. I drove it and the steering is tight,left brake don't work. Accelerates smooth.Couldnt go far, 2 hours charge don't go far.
But at least I know it all works.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Batteries that been sitting on the pallet for a year "dont wanna go far". Hey, you got it going. I consider the 3-wheelers for "flat terrain" only because of their lop-sided nature.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #10
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I had been running this thing for a while with 3 12 volt battery's in it and using it. Works great except I have to tap the gas pedal 2 or 3 times to get it to go sometimes.
This week I was able to get 6 6 volt battery's with life left in them for free and now I am going to be slowly working to fix it's uglys and minor ill's.
1 thing that bugs me alot is some idiot took the hardware off that unlocks the brake pedal when you press the go pedal. you have to remember to unlock the brakes each time you use it.
After looking at another cart, I am concerned that the throttle setup and rod may not allow this feature to be reinstalled.
Is it common for the brake release to be removed when upgrading controllers and such?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO