lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #1
barefootmatt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO lowering kit

I have an '02 ezgo txt that and I am wanting to do the factory 3" lowering kit, my leaf springs are shot, so I am going to order new ones, my question is...if I am putting a rear seat on with HD springs should I replace the fronts with HD (so it will be level) or standard (max lowering), I want it to sit as level as possible when I am not using the rear seat. Thanks!
barefootmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
barefootmatt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO lowering kit

I went ahead and ordered the HD spring set for front and rear, I will post pics once the lowering kit and springs arrive next week...
barefootmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #3
Jonlorio
Not Yet Wild

Did you experience any clearance issues with the rear differential and the bag cargo area of the body? I lowered mine using the ezgo's kit, and the rear most part of the differential hits the body slightly when I go over the smallest bumps.
Jonlorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
wesleycox
Not Yet Wild

I've installed several of the ezgo kits and on each one I've relocated the centering hole on the lowering block about 3/4" forward to center the wheels a little better into the wheel well. That would keep the rear diff from touching the body and allow a little more room if you plan to use 14" wheels
wesleycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
Jonlorio
Not Yet Wild

I suppose repositioning the centering hole also addresses the issue with the brake lines. I've noticed my rear brake lines have no free play in them and are now very taught. I did relocate them under the leaf springs to combat this, but they're still a bit tight. I've adjusted some them to have a bit more slack using the adjuster jut under the floor board of the cart
Jonlorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO