lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Default No power

I recently got my controller rebuilt, new batteries that read full charge with multi meter, and when I go to climb a hill or just floor the pedal I feel a strange vibration and it doesn't have the power it should. I don't hear and metal on metal or anything like that. The cart is a dcs ez go txt 36 volt
Boilermaker57201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: No power

Get a pair of alligator clip test leads for your multimeter, install them on the battery pack mains, and attempt that hill. Let's see what happens to the pack voltage when the cart starts having difficulty.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #3
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Found the issue, there is a small circuit board that is supposed to go across the Selnoid. Guess it's for pre charge, well it doesn't work correctly with out it.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

So I ordered a new precharge circuit board and the golf cart blew out the diodes. What could be causing that, because it did the same to my old one. Please help. Could I just put 8 gauge wires in place of the diodes, because I put 12 gauge wires there and it worked fine, they just warmed up a bit.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker57201 View Post
So I ordered a new precharge circuit board and the golf cart blew out the diodes. What could be causing that, because it did the same to my old one. Please help.
On a Series cart installing the diode backwards will cause them to blow. Swapping the small wires that attach to the solenoid primary terminals (small ones) should solve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker57201 View Post
Could I just put 8 gauge wires in place of the diodes, because I put 12 gauge wires there and it worked fine, they just warmed up a bit.
No, bad idea.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:45 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
On a Series cart installing the diode backwards will cause them to blow. Swapping the small wires that attach to the solenoid primary terminals (small ones) should solve the issue.
Or just install the replacement diode the other way?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Ok just so I know, what side should be on the battery side, the diode or resistor, I could have swore the original one blew out the other way
Old 03-31-2016, 09:19 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the stripe goes to the positive side. That's what I like about scotty's diodes, they are red on one side and black on the other. If you blew the diode you probably fried the pedal switch also.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Think I have the picture attached, it looks like this, it's meant to bypass the Selnoid I believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1459477021459-690467256.jpg (102.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-31-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is the pre charge resistor board. I didn't think it mattered which way it went. It could be frying because of a bad solenoid causing all the power to go through the resistor. And by the way I looked up the diode and I was wrong, the stripe goes to the negative side.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO