lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT subwoofer recommendations

Hello all,

I have a 2011 electric TXT with a nice pioneer head unit and two Blaupunkt 6.5 inch speakers in a triangular box between the front/rear seats. The speakers face the small of your back when seated.

Sounds great and hugely loud, but when is enough enough?...

So, I bought two Pioneer 4 inch TSG1045R to mount up front. These will fit beside the cup holder and below the glove box when they are finally delivered and I get time to install. But I will still need a sub.

I was wondering, mounting the sub in the bagwell and letting it face backwards means my sound will all go backwards. Has anybody mounted the sub in the bagwell facing up, down, sideways or forwards? Any issues or recommendations? Also, I have a rear seat so there is some protection from the elements.

The amp is a small Alpine MRP-T130. Thinking a 10 inch sub should pair nicely.

Looking for advice before I spend 5 hours wiring in the amp and building a speaker box and whatnot. I will get pictures for what is in the cart currently and post tomorrow.

Thanks!
Joe
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
TGJR
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT subwoofer recommendations

I would believe a downfiring box would be your best bet. That amp is rated at 130 watts at 2 ohms. It will be an uphill battle to get a 10" sub with that little of power to be very noticeable in such an open environment.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have bigger amps lying around, but have really no idea how long they'd run on the dedicated 12v battery...

I was going to bridge it. On Alpine's vault site it says bridged it is RMS 130x1 at 4 ohms, Max 240x1 at 4 ohms.

I think I need to bench test this on an 8" mid-bass woofer I have laying in the garage. Don't want to be pi$$ing in the wind with too little power...
Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #4
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Seems like the space under the seat on the drivers side would provide more space than the bagwell and give the bass more reverberation room. For a cart I would start with an 8". Dont think that open air 10 would provide any more boom than a ported 8 in a compartment.
Before I went through all the trouble of building a box I would maybe hook it all up to a battery and see how long it lasts playing at 50% or so.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #5
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a kicker L5 10" in my 94 lolololol had the port about an 1" tall across the bottom of the bag well facing the front cut the bagwell to match port and holy crap !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.5 KB, 0 views)
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the location suggestion Timmyjane. I currently have my 12v marine accessory battery under the seat on the driver side and still have the controller on the passenger. Might need to revisit that if I don't like the bagwell.

Cart-Z, did you have run time issues with that amp? Assuming it was on an accessory battery and not a DC converter.

I went to bench test the amp last night for volume in the garage and realized I have an old truck box with two pioneer 12s in it. Thinking I can cut it in half so it would hold one 12 and put it in the bagwell facing forward and slightly up. Then I never got back to my bench test.

Here is what the box looks like (vaguely) now, just so you can see where I'm going with it.
Amazon.com: Dual 12-Inch  Speaker Box Amazon.com: Dual 12-Inch Speaker Box

If I am thinking right, the sound should carry up and out of the bagwell towards the front of the cart since I'd have it in 'backwards', so to speak.

Back to the amps then, If the little alpine won't cut it then I will just have to go up from there. I have several that are collecting dust sized from miniscule up to moronic...
Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Thanks for the location suggestion Timmyjane. I currently have my 12v marine accessory battery under the seat on the driver side and still have the controller on the passenger. Might need to revisit that if I don't like the bagwell.

Cart-Z, did you have run time issues with that amp? Assuming it was on an accessory battery and not a DC converter.

I went to bench test the amp last night for volume in the garage and realized I have an old truck box with two pioneer 12s in it. Thinking I can cut it in half so it would hold one 12 and put it in the bagwell facing forward and slightly up. Then I never got back to my bench test.

Here is what the box looks like (vaguely) now, just so you can see where I'm going with it.
Amazon.com: Dual 12-Inch Speaker Box

If I am thinking right, the sound should carry up and out of the bagwell towards the front of the cart since I'd have it in 'backwards', so to speak.

Back to the amps then, If the little alpine won't cut it then I will just have to go up from there. I have several that are collecting dust sized from miniscule up to moronic...
I didn't have any issues as far as run time on the acc 12 v battery ...
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #8
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2011 electric TXT with a nice pioneer head unit and two Blaupunkt 6.5 inch speakers in a triangular box between the front/rear seats. The speakers face the small of your back when seated.

Sounds great and hugely loud, but when is enough enough?...

So, I bought two Pioneer 4 inch TSG1045R to mount up front. These will fit beside the cup holder and below the glove box when they are finally delivered and I get time to install. But I will still need a sub.

I was wondering, mounting the sub in the bagwell and letting it face backwards means my sound will all go backwards. Has anybody mounted the sub in the bagwell facing up, down, sideways or forwards? Any issues or recommendations? Also, I have a rear seat so there is some protection from the elements.

The amp is a small Alpine MRP-T130. Thinking a 10 inch sub should pair nicely.

Looking for advice before I spend 5 hours wiring in the amp and building a speaker box and whatnot. I will get pictures for what is in the cart currently and post tomorrow.

Thanks!
Joe
do you have any pictures of your triangular box? I have 4 polk db651 6.5"s that I want to install. Thinking of doing two in the kick panel below legs, and then two in some type of box that will fit in between the front/rear seats. Also, did you ever install sub? I am thinking of a bazooka tube in the bagwell area.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #9
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I used a powered Bazooka sub in the bagwell on mine. I'm very pleased with the sound and being powered, I didn't need to use an additional amp. I ran it through my converter and have not noticed any ill effects on battery life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7559.JPG (908.2 KB, 0 views)
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:00 AM   #10
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

I put a 6.5inch behind the seats(gas ezgo not electric so no help on wiring) sounds pretty darn good for a small sub and doesn't overpower the radio at all and fills in the lows quite nicely.
It's a jvc cts-bb2

I used the small sub as my parents will sometimes drive the cart and I didn't want to go overboard (that's why I have my own cart but this is a family cruiser)
Me I would go no less then 8inch.

I will post the pic when I get the chance.
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO