lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2016, 12:01 AM   #11
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: TXT subwoofer recommendations

[quote=general01;1311166]I put a 6.5inch behind the seats(gas ezgo not electric so no help on wiring) sounds pretty darn good for a small sub and doesn't overpower the radio at all and fills in the lows quite nicely.
It's a jvc cts-bb2

I used the small sub as my parents will sometimes drive the cart and I didn't want to go overboard (that's why I have my own cart but this is a family cruiser)
Me I would go no less then 8inch.[/quote

Oops!(hit the wrong button)
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 10:07 AM   #12
pimpy1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I put two 6x9s in boxes between the backrests and the rear seat. I mounted a deep cycle battery under the seat and then bolted one of these to the underside of the front seat. My wife liked it a lot. And I do mean a LOT!
pimpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #13
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I threw a Pyle sub in my basket and wired to my Wetsounds Stealth 6 - IT BUMPS and is totally waterproof - also has a remote to adjust bass - I've been very happy with it so far - great sound - cheap price

PLMRBS8 8" Low-Profile Super-Slim Active Amplified Marine Waterproof Subwoofer System
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2872.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #14
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here is a pic of the 6 inch jvc sub I got.

Does great even when on the road and I could hear it over the engine noise in the cart.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #15
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have used a 10inch Kicker, from Best buy(yellow and black) fits perfectly in the bagwell facing backwards, and you have room to mount the amp on the back of the speakerbox. The great thing about subs is its BASS, so even if the speaker is facing backwards it still sounds great
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #16
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

^ I agree and after driving the ezgo with one I am going to get another for my cart.

Wish I could find one about the same size as the jvc I put on the ezgo in the pic.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #17
IndyLane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I used a powered Bazooka sub in the bagwell on mine. I'm very pleased with the sound and being powered, I didn't need to use an additional amp. I ran it through my converter and have not noticed any ill effects on battery life.
What size bazooka tube?
IndyLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #18
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
do you have any pictures of your triangular box? I have 4 polk db651 6.5"s that I want to install.
Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Looking at it from the side, it's a triangle tipped on one corner. So it's flat at the back of the seat and the point is facing the back of the cart.

Here's the current setup, minus the sub I put in the back. I don't like the sub/amp combo I have back there. It's a 12" sub and I think the sub is worn ragged. I've used three different amps on it and it sounds best with this big *** old amp, but it's not anywhere near what you would expect from a 12" sub. I'll try the two new 8 inch subs I have in the garage, but I am assuming I'll end up buying a 10" at some point.

6.5s looking at them from the front of the cart

Side view of the speaker box

Rear view of the triangular speaker box. It is two chambers so the speakers are isolated from each other.

And to mount it required no screws... It wants to stay in place generally, but a 2x2 painted black wedges it in quite nicely. Full speed hitting bumps and jostling around doesn't affect it.

The two 4 inch speakers up front. When you are in or around the cart you don't notice the mounting position is different. They really fill out the highs so the cart is ready for a sub.

Closeup of the one 4 inch speaker. I will be getting grills for these. I made the 'box' from a cardboard carpet tube that I sprayed with Rino Liner. Siliconed the speaker on and ran the wires through the side of the speaker box and into the cup holder base. Screwed the box in from the top and side, screws are under the trim.

That's it for the moment. When I get the sub situation figured out I'll add those pics to the thread too.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #19
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLane View Post
What size bazooka tube?
It's an 8". Here is a link to where I bought it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jneubig is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO