lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I was at Sams and I saw a guy with 9 8volt batteries in a Hot lookin ezgo

The Man was getting a tire repaired on his trailer, and his buggy was on the trailer. It caught my eye. 2 wheel drive and some stout tires.

The cart was raised, but not like an off road cart.When i asked how fast, he got this giant smile! I asked was it in the thirties? He said, he easily got mid thirties out of it and much better and smiled? something told me he got that and more

The tires looked more like the rear tires on a hot motorcycle- wide with slight grooving

He had this deep purple metal flake with white ghost flames- digital battery gauges, stereo, just freaking awesome- I have seen pictures of your carts, but haven't seen one like this before- if my math is correct, it was 72 volts?

The guy had 8 8 volts in the battery compartment and one, center floor board

the real unique thing he had, was double battery cables? he had the car type battery cables in 00 and the lug type connectors in 00? He said he didnt want any loss of energy? how effective is that? overkill?

has anybody ever seen or heard of it? he really liked talking about it, however he did not want me taking any pictures? that is ok.

I was at sams looking at batteries, I will be able to replace, mid July.
I have a battery with a very small crack right at the edge- corner- about 2 .5 inches below the fluid level. so you fill it and it leaks out

is there a way too patch this crack in the seem on the case, until july?
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I was at Sams and I saw a guy with 9 8volt batteries in a Hot lookin ezgo

I would jb weld it or epoxy it...maybe plastic weld.

And you didn't take any pictures!!!!! That's the first thing I do if I see something cool like that.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: I was at Sams and I saw a guy with 9 8volt batteries in a Hot lookin ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csport View Post
... I have a battery with a very small crack right at the edge- corner- about 2 .5 inches below the fluid level. so you fill it and it leaks out. is there a way too patch this crack in the seem on the case, until july?
For long term? In a nut shell NOPE....

The plastic as used in battery cases does not lend itself well to any adhesive sticking long term, especially below the fluid levels....

If you just have to try, then rough the area up with course sand paper and use the likes of old fashion slow cure JB Weld it may hold for the short term...

As to double up 00 cables that's huge overkill but if he really wants zero loss then so be it. Myself I used 2 gauge which is considered good for 700 amp carts and I could not see just tossing my 6 gauge cables out, so I put them on too just because. They did come in handy though, when a friends cart needed a cable I just pulled one off of mine...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #4
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I started to take pictures and The Man asked me not to?

thanks for JB WELD
Old 06-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That sucks.

Yea I should of mentioned to roughen it up, but assumed that was a given.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The guy at sams, asked me if I noticed, he stood in front of his license plate?
kinda secretive- I wonder if, he thought someone might steel it? this cart was so unique Well I did get to see it
Old 06-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have not seen any repair that will hold very long. I would replace the battery.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #8
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would of said no I didn't notice and don't care what it says? But if your not taking pics why would it matter.

I would of taken pics before he would of even said that ha!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #9
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
about 2 .5 inches below the fluid level.
If you refilled that battery more than 2 or 3 times you have a battery filled with water. Or the acid is to dilute to be any good.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:51 PM   #10
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If you refilled that battery more than 2 or 3 times you have a battery filled with water. Or the acid is to dilute to be any good.
Yep that's a factor too...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO