lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 EzGo won't move

I's green when yours is buried under a strange white substance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #12
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I wondered, I thought, I bet, I dunno? ...... slow down dude

Battery refurbishing is a big industry in America. These facilities wash, rinse, refill and shock usable batteries. They are then charged tested ans recharged before being sold at half the cost of new and you can expect a 30 day warranty and about 2 yrs average life from them. We used them in our cheap refurbs and today I still use them in my shop cart and lawn mower etc.
Typically when a pack is replaced 1 or 3 batteries are still worthy of refurbishing. Honestly all that is done is kept secret.

I post these things because I know.
That must be a regional thing or California thing? While I am not a golf cart expert I have been around a shop or two and know a small bit about batteries. I use to work at an auto parts store, was a big chain. We sold at one point excide private label batteries then went to johnson controlls. Anyway. I also have a father in law that own and ran his own auto shop (had 3 mechanics usually working for him) I have spent many hours in there. I also own and been around boats for several decades and had a pile of deep cycles in my life. If you don't count golf cart batteries...even In gas cart I have...14 batteries in my various boats and trucks , tractors , atv , mowers.

Never in any of my time around shops or even talking to people in the industry have I ever heard or seen for sale refurbs. I am sorry they may exist there but I really don't think they exist around here?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
That must be a regional thing or California thing? While I am not a golf cart expert I have been around a shop or two and know a small bit about batteries. I use to work at an auto parts store, was a big chain. We sold at one point excide private label batteries then went to johnson controlls. Anyway. I also have a father in law that own and ran his own auto shop (had 3 mechanics usually working for him) I have spent many hours in there. I also own and been around boats for several decades and had a pile of deep cycles in my life. If you don't count golf cart batteries...even In gas cart I have...14 batteries in my various boats and trucks , tractors , atv , mowers.

Never in any of my time around shops or even talking to people in the industry have I ever heard or seen for sale refurbs. I am sorry they may exist there but I really don't think they exist around here?
I hear ya - I was GM certified mechanic and an electrician but none if that prepared me for what I encountered the first time I lifted the seat of a golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #14
Ted Millwood
Not Yet Wild

i have a 93 EZ-GO that wouldn't go it was a loose connection on back of the key switch
Ted Millwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #15
MartinEZGo
Getting Wild

Club Car

I got it going for a while, but now, after sitting a bit, its dead again. Batteries are showing 6.7 volts each and the solenoid is cycling with the pedal as well. I think my problem is with the F/R switch. Can anyone give me details on testing the F/R switch and controller?
MartinEZGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO