lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default how much is a stock motor worth

I bought a rear end from an EZGO- it looked like a mid nineties cart- The guy too a ezgo body and put an ATV rear end and engine under it- it looked pretty wild ( he also had a 57 corvette, a 79 z28, a mid 80 c20 pickup with evil motor)

I bought the rear end out of it at a good price, I am going to use the ring, pinion for my bad boy buggy-

so now I will have a 36v motor- what would be a fair price to ask for the motor?

I am going to keep the axles

I will have all the numbers off of it tuesday afternoon-
thanks
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2016, 08:04 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: how much is a stock motor worth

Depends on if it's in working condition? Brand? Year?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

first look and see if its a SERIES or a SEPEX wound motor. Assume its a working motor, what you can get for it truly depends on your area (supply and demand). if you have any cart shops in your area, ones that work in carts, call and ask if they sell used motors....and if so, how much are they. That might give you an idea of what you can get for one. OBVIOUSLY you would make some a good deal and under cut the price.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
Helirich
Gone Wild

When buying and selling used stuff, it's usually safe to go half price plus or minus. Meaning if you are selling a "like new" item, you should sell it half price of new plus a little for condition. If the condition is just average, half price.

If you are buying, this same formula applies. This is assuming you are buying or selling "retail". If you are buying used stuff from a business, you might add some for warentee. If you are selling to a business, you will probably have to sell it 1/4 of new. (The business has to make money.)

Of course, this doesn't apply to everything (cars), but it's a pretty good way to go. I know my local pawn shop prices things higher. (15-20% less then new) They are leaving room for people to bargain. I don't bargain. I think 15% less than new is foolish. (Might as well buy new) So I don't buy much at pawn shops.

As Sir Nuke said, your area will be a big factor in salability.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

keep in mind if someone has a dead motor can get it rebuilt from PQ. a bandit upgrade is 225.00. if you price over that then you are just selling to people that have no motor at all
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
keep in mind if someone has a dead motor can get it rebuilt from PQ. a bandit upgrade is 225.00. if you price over that then you are just selling to people that have no motor at all
I believe that price is with a rebuildable core. Some cores are not rebuildable. So if they have dead motor, it may cost more than that. I looked on their site and didn't see a "no core" price.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was thinking I saw somewhere on the PQ site a price without a core. No idea where...and there is a small possibility it was another maker but I don't think so.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #8
rib33024

PQ's web site

Note: Customer must send in a good repairable motor core!
If you do not have a repairable motor, or you wish to keep your stock motor, you can pay a $100.00 core charge added to the upgrade price of $225.00 for a total of $325.00 when we have a core available.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #9
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
PQ's web site

Note: Customer must send in a good repairable motor core!
If you do not have a repairable motor, or you wish to keep your stock motor, you can pay a $100.00 core charge added to the upgrade price of $225.00 for a total of $325.00 when we have a core available.
So it would appear a motor is worth $100 or less. For that kind of money, you might as well burn it up with 48Volts or throw it in the attic for a spare.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

$100 ? Well, put it in the trash along with these you find lying around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100.JPG (22.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO