lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
mdt2001
Not Yet Wild

Default Largest lift/tires for stock 36v Ezgo

I am looking to lift my stock ezgo. What is the largest lift and tires that I can install? I am replacing batteries at same time. Any other upgrades I should do. Use for hunting, mostly flat ground.
mdt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
mdt2001
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Largest lift/tires for stock 36v Ezgo

It is a TXT 2008 I think.
mdt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
bohartjr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt2001 View Post
I am looking to lift my stock ezgo. What is the largest lift and tires that I can install? I am replacing batteries at same time. Any other upgrades I should do. Use for hunting, mostly flat ground.
I wouldn't do too much with a stock controller. I put a 6 inch lift and 22 inch tires and it could barely get up the hills at our farm.

We upgraded to a 400 amp controller and it has helped but the larger tires make the cart work hard.
bohartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt2001 View Post
what is the largest lift and tires you CAN install? the sky's the limit.....but if you install a lift and larger tires for your hunting purposes, and don't do a total up-grade to the drive system, sooner or later you WILL be left out in the woods. recommend you look into a 500a controller, SD solenoid, HD F&R and a complete set of 2 ga. cables.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tire size changes have the same effect as a gear ratio change. For most people 23 inch tires and a 6 inch lift is the biggest off the shelf lift and tire package used. This is almost a 30% increase in the gear ratio which means a 30% reduction in torque where the rubber meets the dirt.
The stock 2.5 hp motor just doesn't have that much power to spare without falling flat on it's face on every hill. Increasing the size of speed control and improving the amperage delivery system efficiency (2g cables and HD F&R) will allow the motor to make all the power it can but - bottom line is this motor was designed for golf not hunting. Many aftermarket motors are available, most offer about 3Xs the horsepower.
Another good choice for improved performance is increasing the operating voltage from 36 to 48v. This will improve stock performance by 33% coupled with a 500a controller set up could net 50% improvement.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO