lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Seamrog
Not Yet Wild

Default Was I sold the wrong batteries?

Hello,

I have a 48v Club Car Precedent (4x12v).

The battery I'm removing is the Trojan T-1275.

The replacement the Interstate Dealer by me sold me as a match is the SMR-29 Deep Cycle Battery.

I didn't see the difference until I took and old one out, and put it next to the replacement. It is a good 2" shorter than the Trojan. The sticker on the Interstate says "Deep Cycle, Marine / RV, and lists CCA, and not AH.

I think I was sold the wrong battery.

Can anyone please confirm, or let me know if these new batteries will work?

Thank you!
Seamrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Was I sold the wrong batteries?

On line info says this battery does both cold cranking (CC) and deep cycle (GC). I did not know a battery could do both? I googled around and found conflicting info.

Some say " Trojan T1275 appears to have 25% MORE capacity than these (280 min @ 25A vs. 204 min @ 25A - assuming Interstate's numbers are real "

By interstates own battery info the SRM29 is less than 1/2 the capacity of their golf cart U2200 battery. GO here scroll down to AH capacity chart. http://interstatebatteries.ca/wp-con..._Printable.pdf
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Seamrog
Not Yet Wild

The hold-downs won't work for these, as they are much shorter (and much lighter).

I did see that about the AH on the Interstate, but I'm not smart enough about batteries to compare apples to apples.

Thank you for your reply!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Return them as in the long run they will not last. Marine Deep Cycle batteries are a "hybrid" battery designed for trolling motor use and starting of IC motors but they are not designed for Golf Cart high amp and long duration demand...

You need batteries specific to Golf Carts and/or Commercial Deep Cycle NOT Marine Deep Cycle...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Seamrog
Not Yet Wild

That was my suspicion...there is a picture of a boat and an RV on the top of the battery.

The interstate dealer was ringing me up, and a guy was putting the batteries in the back of the truck. I never even looked at them. Shame on me.

I thought if I was at the dealer (batteries are ALL they do there) that I would be getting the straight scoop. I was sold trolling motor batteries for Golf Cart use.

Shame on me, but shame on them too. Hope I can return them.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamrog View Post
... Shame on me, but shame on them too. Hope I can return them.
Did you install or use them? Not your mistake but nevertheless it could make a difference to an uncaring retailer...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:35 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your dealer knew they were wrong - he didn't care! Return them!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car