lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #11
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuse box installs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigk_54 View Post
I used blue sea like mutely but put behind the cup holder
Ah ha so you ran the 12v to the dash and distributed from there. Good idea. What did you ground to.
Slimshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #12
obeewanton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in the mist on doing the same. I wonder if the converter draws power from the batteries if not utilized? It does complete a circuit. Would tapping from the key switch be a better way of keeping the converter from drawing power when not in use? Or just use a toggle kill switch to make sure the converter is disconnected.

..wait I think I just answered my own question. Carry on
obeewanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #13
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I heard not to mess with the key switch on an RXV.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #14
mutley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeewanton View Post
I'm in the mist on doing the same. I wonder if the converter draws power from the batteries if not utilized? It does complete a circuit. Would tapping from the key switch be a better way of keeping the converter from drawing power when not in use? Or just use a toggle kill switch to make sure the converter is disconnected.

..wait I think I just answered my own question. Carry on
Depends on the converter. Some have a "switch" connection/pigtail and some don't. The ones that don't WILL ABSOLUTELY draw current even if no accessory is attached, they should be switched with a relay somehow. The ones that do have a switch input, you simply wire it up to either the key switch, or the key switch side of the solenoid. (I did the latter).
mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #15
obeewanton
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley View Post
Depends on the converter. Some have a "switch" connection/pigtail and some don't. The ones that don't WILL ABSOLUTELY draw current even if no accessory is attached, they should be switched with a relay somehow. The ones that do have a switch input, you simply wire it up to either the key switch, or the key switch side of the solenoid. (I did the latter).
Yeah, its some cheap Amazon converter. I didn't install it. I'm looking for near OEM one right now with some circuit protection. Sorry to jack the thread.
obeewanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #16
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you get a converter and put it on the key switch then you have to leave the key on to listen to the radio when the cart is stopped. I didn't like that idea.

On mine I put in a simple 12v marine battery under the driver side of the seat and the fuse block on the driver side rear (but I like the idea of putting it under the cowling).

When there are block parties I can blast out music from the cart without worrying about anybody 'accidentally' taking the cart for a spin...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #17
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am going to try and hook my stuff up this weekend. Hope I don't jack anything up.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:44 PM   #18
Slimshad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the cart in the basement. Fit right thru the French doors! Now I can get all this going.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Just to go against conventional thinking....I opted for the extra battery. I didn't want to rob anything from the pack. I used a Blue Sea box and installed it in the right side glove box hole in my PDS cart. Has worked great for me. I have my iPod player and underglow controls in there as well.

TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO