lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default ezgo very slow and no torque

I have 2001 ezgo series cart no tow switch.4855 alltrax Axe controller, 200amp solenoid ,22 inch tires, back seat and lift kit d&d motor 170-001-0001 build date 2/2004 4ga wires. hilly terrain Had to replace batteries so I up grade to 48volts 6 8volt U.S. batteries also changed solenoid to 200amp 48volt. when I first put the batteries in I didn't really see a big difference in speed 14mph torque was increased a little. Ran good for the last few weeks, now the cart barley moves wont make it the ramps to get on trailer. battery voltage 50.9 controller blinks 4 times and turns orange when full throttle. Put cart on jack stands motor makes a little grumbling sound. took the motor out and checked brushes they look good. to spin the motor doesn't feel smooth. is there anything else I should check before I go buy a motor. any help would be appreciated

Thanks Richard
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo very slow and no torque

I went to my local ezgo deal yesterday and he recommended the d&d 10:2 and a 400amp solenoid
Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: ezgo very slow and no torque

Well I got the motor and solenoid installed yesterday that was the problem. I'm getting 18mph and if I hit the peddle hard the front wheels will come off the ground. that's what I've been reading it's supposed to to do on 48 volts now I'm happy. Thanks for all the reading info on this site it was a great help a lot of great diagnostic suff

Thanks again
Richard
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO