lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Average Battery Amps with DCX500 vs XCT400

As you may know, I enjoy number crunching and over the past few days I've put all the data logs from my cart that I've saved into spreadsheets. Some with a DCX500PDS, some with a XCT400PDS and all with a ES-76-51 motor.

I made a composite spreadsheet for the DCX and for the XCT, then edited them down to 100% throttle entries that had positive Battery Current (Regen braking shows up as a Negative Battery Current).

The average Battery current with the DCX is 129A while the it is only 78A with the XCT. That seems to say I was getting better performance with the DCX, but I get about the same top speed and about the same slowing on hills and about the same acceleration from a standstill, so it might be the XCT running the motor more efficiently than the DCX.

I haven't done any range testing with the XCT yet, so I'll have to do some this summer to find out if my range estimates have increased with the XCT.

I also compared armature amps vs cart speed at 100% throttle, which illustrates how the motor draws fewer amps at higher RPM.

<10 MPH = --- 273A avg -- 12.5HP
10 - 15 MPH = 196A avg -- 9.9HP
15 - 20 MPH = 167A avg -- 8.6HP
20 - 25 MPH = 121A avg -- 6.4HP
>25 MPH = ---- 93A avg -- 5.0HP

Horsepower was calculated by multiplying Motor Amps by Motor Voltage and dividing by 746 for each line entry and averaging. Depending on RPM and amount of field weakening, my motor's efficiency varies for about 66% to 83%, so the HP where rubber meets road will be an average of about 75% of the values listed, times the final drive ratio, which is 17.52:1 for my cart.

The DCX didn't log RPM data (no speed sensor attached) so I can't do same for it.

All sorts of interesting stuff can be gleaned from the data logs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO