lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #21
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo pds '07 19mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Other fuse is for the charging circuit..
Gotcha thanks
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

To reduce clutter at the main battery terminals, I located the high amps fuse on the controller's B- terminal. See attachment-1

My first upgrade was replacing the OEM cables (attachment-2) with a complete set (10 cables) of silver soldered 2Ga (attachment-3). The OEM cables were only about 3 years old (2008 cart I got in 2011) and looked fairly good, but I got a noticeable increase in low end torque and acceleration. There was no change in top speed due the the stock PDS controller still RPM limiting the motor at 4400 RPM. Had it not been for the RPM limiting, I probably would have gotten a slight increase in top speed since less voltage was being lost in the cables, which in turn applied more to the motor.

I strongly suspect your cables are costing you some speed. Maybe not all of it, but certainly a good chunk of it.

After a hard run (hills - Stop & Go - etc.), if any of the cables are the least bit warm (IE: 10°F above ambient) they need to be replaced. If any connection is the least bit warm, it need to be fixed.

------------
When cruising at top speed with foot on floor, what is the battery pack voltage between the main + & - terminals of the battery pack vs the battery voltage shown on the monitor screen? (Should be identical, or very close to it.)

----------
Love to see a data log. (Raw data)

You cannot attach a .CSV file, so ZIP it or open with Notepad and save as a .TXT file, both of which can be attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DXC400 controller.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Before replacing cables 1200x800.jpg (129.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Battery with 2Ga cables.JPG (976.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
To reduce clutter at the main battery terminals, I located the high amps fuse on the controller's B- terminal. See attachment-1

My first upgrade was replacing the OEM cables (attachment-2) with a complete set (10 cables) of silver soldered 2Ga (attachment-3). The OEM cables were only about 3 years old (2008 cart I got in 2011) and looked fairly good, but I got a noticeable increase in low end torque and acceleration. There was no change in top speed due the the stock PDS controller still RPM limiting the motor at 4400 RPM. Had it not been for the RPM limiting, I probably would have gotten a slight increase in top speed since less voltage was being lost in the cables, which in turn applied more to the motor.

I strongly suspect your cables are costing you some speed. Maybe not all of it, but certainly a good chunk of it.

After a hard run (hills - Stop & Go - etc.), if any of the cables are the least bit warm (IE: 10°F above ambient) they need to be replaced. If any connection is the least bit warm, it need to be fixed.

------------
When cruising at top speed with foot on floor, what is the battery pack voltage between the main + & - terminals of the battery pack vs the battery voltage shown on the monitor screen? (Should be identical, or very close to it.)

----------
Love to see a data log. (Raw data)

You cannot attach a .CSV file, so ZIP it or open with Notepad and save as a .TXT file, both of which can be attached.

Ok I will check the wires again tonight, I will also log a file. I will also replace the remainder of the wires to 2 gauge anyways since thats what I have on the batteries now(just incase I ever decide to go PQ bandit)

I spoke to someone at Nivel- they mentioned 19mph may be all i might be able to squeeze out of my stock pds motor( I called asking the possibility of needing a alltrax dcx software update and any suggestions)

The gentlemen also mentioned checking my speed sensor as although it may be not used in the dcx controller it might be an issue and to try to unplug it and re-monitoring my speeds, output etc. and see if there are any changes.

Otherwise worn motor brushes? Respin maybe? I guess wires first and then go from there
Old 02-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Whatever you do with the speed sensor, save the cable with plug.
You will need it is you ever upgrade to an XCT.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #25
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like I don't have a speed sensor. Is there anyway this could have anything to do with it? Pic attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1101.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #26
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Under the cap picture. Normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1102.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

While running a Dcx, just tie the disconnected tach sensor wires up out of the way. They do zero benefit or drawback to the current setup. No way, the dcx knows not if a tach sensor was ever invented (to help or hurt) your setup. I can 100% guarantee that the disconnected tach sensor will not hurt or help your speed, or anything else about the operation of your cart (unless all the sensor & magnet is a "scrambled egg mess" in your motor bearing, which it does not appear to be).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #28
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I moved the connectiong on the battery terminals as suggested.

I was able to run three files
they are labeled based on changes - max output @90%, 100% and then I lowered the output back to 90% and changed brake current to 0 and did another log.

I do not think the files are displaying correctly as the columns seem off with missing data as far as throttle position? And I made it a point to safely observe the battery current and output current moved simultaneously during the rides, I did this with a my batteries after a full charge overnight last night then unplugged them this morning at 8am and let them sit until about 11pm. Another note is that this was done with headlights, tail lights/brake lights and turn signals as I did it at night. I also had to back out of the garage and then maneuver around a parked car so thats why the beginning is sporadic I believe, lol.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor90%output.zip (16.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Monitor100%output.zip (19.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip Monitorbrakecurrent0.zip (16.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #29
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
While running a Dcx, just tie the disconnected tach sensor wires up out of the way. They do zero benefit or drawback to the current setup. No way, the dcx knows not if a tach sensor was ever invented (to help or hurt) your setup. I can 100% guarantee that the disconnected tach sensor will not hurt or help your speed, or anything else about the operation of your cart (unless all the sensor & magnet is a "scrambled egg mess" in your motor bearing, which it does not appear to be).
I did not disconnect the sensor, it was already that way- as pictured. Thanks for the help!

JohnnieB my tires are CST inflated to 25 psi all around and have a street thread and say max 30 psi cold on side wall
I figure 25psi cold(75 degrees) is good considering I live south florida and road are easily 100 degrees
Old 02-28-2017, 12:14 AM   #30
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It's been about 35 minutes and my Dvm in dash read 38.1

Also yesterday I was able to do about 4 mile trip, let it sit about an hr, then a 2 mile ride, sat for another 1hr and then 16 miles before digital volt meter read 36.3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO