lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
bruley94
Not Yet Wild

Default How to remove & replace battery meter

1995 TXT DCS Medalist 36V. My meter does not work I assume I have swap out for a new one. Picture included. How do I take this meter off do I have to take of the hood?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter gauge.jpg (224.7 KB, 0 views)
bruley94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to remove & replace battery meter

Carefully drill out the two rivets at the bottom. The top has two tabs that are "set in" behind the area above. Unscrew the keeper in the ignition switch and that plate will come right out.

The battery meter has clips on the inside and will pop out. Go to http://www.cartsunlimited.net and get yourself one of scottyb's digital meters. He has the switch plates as well. The digital meter gives you a much better idea of the status of your batteries than the graph style.

Also, here's a chart from johnnieb so you know what the numbers mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0943.JPG (127.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Carefully drill out the two rivets at the bottom.
In this case a drill is not needed. The rivets on the switch plate are plastic. If you simply push the center core forward into the dash the core will fall out the backside. Then the remaining rivet body can be pulled out towards the seating position and the plate removed. If you're lucky you can find the plastic cores and reuse them. If not, discard the rivets are replace with #10 x 1" pan head sheet metal screws. They should bite into the dash plastic shoulder without destroying it, and be easier to remove next time.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
bruley94
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for the quick reply, I will try your suggestions this weekend!
bruley94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
In this case a drill is not needed. The rivets on the switch plate are plastic. If you simply push the center core forward into the dash the core will fall out the backside. Then the remaining rivet body can be pulled out towards the seating position and the plate removed. If you're lucky you can find the plastic cores and reuse them. If not, discard the rivets are replace with #10 x 1" pan head sheet metal screws. They should bite into the dash plastic shoulder without destroying it, and be easier to remove next time.

Gornoman, thanks for cleaning up my response. I'd forgotten that I'd heard that before, until you posted.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes plastic push rivets. If you push them in gently they will fall in the pocket behind the dash and can be retrieved. Also as it is a DCS cart, flip it to Tow before you do anything with the wiring. Also be prepared. If you go back with that meter it is pricey
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO