lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me cart not moving

This is the factory Soc meter for Rxv. It has a orange light in it that comes on when controller thinks batteries are low.
Attached Images
File Type: png RXV_STATE_OF_CHARGE_METER-500x500.png.cf.png (103.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #12
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

Give me a few minutes
rick patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #13
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

Ok sorry it took so long. 3 batteries are at 12.8 and the 4th is at 12.7
Old 03-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #14
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

I know I'm reaching here but could it be as simple as when they installed the freedom chip they did not do the procedure correctly? I've read on line about a specific procedure or the cart does not work. Also I should mention that the meantiance switch under the seat does nothing that I can tell. Should I be able to see or hear something when the switch in activated?
Old 03-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick patton View Post
I know I'm reaching here but could it be as simple as when they installed the freedom chip they did not do the procedure correctly? I've read on line about a specific procedure or the cart does not work. Also I should mention that the meantiance switch under the seat does nothing that I can tell. Should I be able to see or hear something when the switch in activated?
The RXV does not use a Freedom Chip plug like some other E-Z-GO carts. The plug under the cupholder bottom is called the run plug, and if there are any problems with those connections, the RXV will not pass the powerup test. If it does not pass the test, it will not operate. It's essentially a microcomputer on wheels. The throttle and brake pedals and keyswitch, as well as a few sensor encoders, all input signals to the controller. The controller drives the solenoid, the AC motor, the regenerative braking, the reverse beeper, and the parking brake. Battery voltage is important for proper operation, as are all of the encoder signals being correct, in order to pass the powerup test.

Where are you located?

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #16
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

I'm in Pottstown pa . So if I have a black wire in the harness plug that is noticeably burnt but does not connect to any wires on the run plug you say it will not pass the start up test ?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #17
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Take pictures of this plug and one where it is located. I believe that will give you a better chance of answering your question.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #18
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

not sure if this picture will post or not . first time posting pictures
Attached Images
File Type: png ezgo plug.PNG (156.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick patton View Post
I'm in Pottstown pa . So if I have a black wire in the harness plug that is noticeably burnt but does not connect to any wires on the run plug you say it will not pass the start up test ?
Absolutely. The negative and positive for the Motor Brake circuit pass through that connector. Also, the controllers CAN bus is on that connector, which is used for diagnostics. That connector is also used for controlling the brake operation when golf courses or resellers are towing carts. It's possible that too many carts were plugged together to tow, overloading the wiring. There are fuses under that plastic controller cover, each is covered by a cap that is attached to the cover with a 'christmas tree' fastener. They will look like a plug/socket. Check those 2 fuses.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #20
rick patton
Not Yet Wild

Bob, so you tink the plug in the picture is my problem? or fuses somewhere else? sorry for being slow here but im used to an old solid state club car which is entirely different then this
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO