lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
Miss Daisey
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis PMC SepEx 1264-5407 Status Light

I have a Curtis PMC SepEx 1264-5407 on my moms 2008 MPT1000 . I think the controller is bad, but can't tell for sure. The status light is blinking 5 times then off. Not finding info on the web for this controller - not even what the 5 light blinks mean . Anyone know what 5 light blinks means? ANd why is there no inof on the web for this controller - really makes me angry - EzGo a no go for me.
Miss Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Curtis PMC SepEx 1264-5407 Status Light

http://m.curtisinstruments.com/circu...ducts&CatID=65

Try this website. Download the manuals for the ones that look like yours & study. 1268 will be your closest match. The operation is the same, except you will be using ITS throttle type. The reason for no documentation on your exact model is because Ezgo custom ordered that model for your cart from Curtis, it's considered proprietary info. The info that's readily available will serve you just fine.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #3
Miss Daisey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Pulled the manual down. Looks like I have a 5-5 code - Main Dropped. Any ideas what that means or if fixable?
Miss Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

While a 1268 fault list is a close match it isn't exact. THe following is from a 64's fault list for 5,5:

MISSING CONTACTOR 5-5
main contactor drops out
1. Main contactor or wiring faulty.

the dropping out is a symptom of the fault, and probable cause is the coil wiring. Make sure its actually closing and that the tips are good. You can wire the coil directly to the battery then measure continuity across the contacts if needed. If it doesn't close measure the continuity across the coil, it should be a few hundred ohms usually. And check from the coil to the controller (pin17) and positive (usually supplied by key)
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
gretchplayer1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had the same code on a EZGO MPT 400 and the 5 code means the controller is out. At least in my case anyway.
gretchplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #6
nano
Not Yet Wild

Hi
I’m have the same controller 1264-5407 in a western elegante 2002 and is flashing 3 times from what I found in the fault code list it could be the directional selector or no buzzer both are working fine tested for power at the pins every thing is ok
The cart will no do any thing if I turn it the key off and back on I will not the the code until I press the throttle
I did the troubleshooting for the ITS and it’s working ok
Any ideas ?
Thank you
nano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1264-5407, status lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO