lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
IndyLane
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Voltmeter

I have a 2011 EZGO RXV with 6 - 8v batteries.

I'm not convinced my battery meter is working properly. What is the best voltmeter to install to get an accurate knowledge of when I need to head home and get on the charger?

Also, I have the Delta Q charger. It seems that if I don't drive it for a couple days, but I do have it plugged in, it doesn't seem to have a complete charge. It drops rather quickly. However, if I drove it last night and charged overnight and get in this morning it lasts longer. Is the charger not kicking back on when batteries drain throughout the days not being used?
IndyLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Voltmeter

There is only one charger I truly trust to keep batteries fully charged while sitting. It is DPI Accusense, because it never really "stops" keeping the batteries full with it's "float mode" holding the battery voltages just above normal "at rest" voltage. The OEM meter does an alright job, but it relies solely on the motor controllers idea of what full & empty means. The meter is just a dumb terminal relaying the controllers idea of what's going on to you. Also know that the factory meter (and controller) considers 20% soc to be "dead", as that is where the factory controller starts slowing you down to a crawl.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you can hold off a bit Bob is going to try out this meter and give a report on it. Best Option SOC for a RXV.

Go with a DPI charger like cgtech said.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
IndyLane
Not Yet Wild

I would love the results from that!
Old 09-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLane View Post
I have a 2011 EZGO RXV with 6 - 8v batteries.

I'm not convinced my battery meter is working properly. What is the best voltmeter to install to get an accurate knowledge of when I need to head home and get on the charger?

Also, I have the Delta Q charger. It seems that if I don't drive it for a couple days, but I do have it plugged in, it doesn't seem to have a complete charge. It drops rather quickly. However, if I drove it last night and charged overnight and get in this morning it lasts longer. Is the charger not kicking back on when batteries drain throughout the days not being used?
Correct. The Delta Q does not turn back on after the charge cycle is finished. You would have to unplug it and plug it back in.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
IndyLane
Not Yet Wild

So it just sits with the full charge green light solid but is dropping and not cycling back up with the delta Q?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
SamT
Not Yet Wild

I use a cheap simple gauge I got off Amazon. It shows the voltage dip when you give it gas, you get a real good idea of where you stand from it. Resting it almost always shows good resting voltage until your 2-3 miles from dead. But as it gets down to say half charge it dips down hard when you take off, then harder and harder. My wife runs it real hard, we charge it when it starts to dip hard. I run big trolling motor batteries so I don't really want to discharge below 50% for lifespan reasons.

Mines an old Marathon so that may not apply to these newer smarter carts or one with real batteries.
SamT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #8
IndyLane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Correct. The Delta Q does not turn back on after the charge cycle is finished. You would have to unplug it and plug it back in.
Bob - is this the voltmeter you are going to test?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322654572906
Old 09-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe he got this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-RXV-Cha...tr=&rmvSB=true

But they are the same.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Correct. I will test the digital I/O voltages to be sure that they are 100% compatible.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO