lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
pmbarber
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt

I have a 1994 EZGO TXT. Upgraded to a 6" lift about a year ago. Recently the cart will run fine for 30 minutes or so, then quit. When you press the pedal there is a lunge like the cart wants to go, but it won't move. After a cooling off period, the cart will resume normal operations. The batteries are about a year old, shows good voltage. I am thinking solenoid or controller. Anyone have a suggestions, and if a new controller is recommended what amperage and type? Thank you in advance.
pmbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt

The controller is cooked. It is going into thermal shut down easier all the time.... soon it won't come back on at all.
Go here for help with upgrade choices.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
pmbarber
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb. I looked at all the packages, but I want to get the correct one. Would you suggest #484 or #485? The motor is original so I want to get the controller that is best suited. Also, what is your usual delivery time on orders?
Thanks again.
pmbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the ground is flat and hard use the 400a controller, if hills, or tall tires, or rear seat, or soft ground, use the 500a controller with the 400a solenoid for best results.
Delivery is by Priority mail. Delivery time in the USA is 2-4 days... thanks for asking
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO