lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
RWK1
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading to LED - Do I Need Adapters to Fit?

I'm thinking of upgrading my current 2002 TXT Ezgo headlights (lightbar) and rear lights with leds. Am I able to plug and play if I purchase a new lightbar and rear lights or is there an additional adapter(s) that I would need to get to fit my stock wiring harness?
RWK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrading to LED - Do I Need Adapters to Fit?

Check the voltage you have going to those lights. They may be pack voltage (36 or 48v) or they may be 12v. If they are 12v then that should be good for your light bar. If you have 36v or 48v then you'll either need a light bar for that particular voltage or you'll need a voltage reducer.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
RWK1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. How about the connections to lights themselves? Would new led's use the current 12v connectors or would I need to rerun the wiring again to fit the new led's?
Old 10-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Depends on what you put in there. So if you get one of those LED light bars then you'll be tapping into your existing wires by soldering the new wires to the old ones. Just remember if you are driving on streets those LEDs will blind the cars driving past you.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The top light is a 20" LED. The two headlights are a txt standard halogen lights. Blinding the oncoming anyone.....the LED will do that. BTW, mine is hooked up to a 12-V battery and fused with a 15amp in line fuse.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #6
RWK1
Not Yet Wild

Looks like you can see everything haha! What if I'm swapping out the halogen lights for leds. Not necessarily an led lightbar as you have on the top of your cart, Dave, but just replacement headlights and brake lights that are leds?
Old 10-18-2017, 05:42 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I can't tell you about the headlights. On my txt the front Cowl is the EZ-GO ST Model, so I can only get "stock" headlights. My headlights are sealed beam. But, I'm pretty sure if you swap to LED it will be a day\night difference.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did replace the tail light bulbs in my TXT with LED bulbs. I found them on ebay. I think it was $12 for a pack of 20 bulbs? Something like that. I was looking for reduced amp draw. i have LED headlights too, just not as intense as Dave's. I mounted mine on the lower front axle, three 9w LEDs per side. But those are Chinese watts, so probably really 3w LEDS. I mounted mine low to make them less annoying to others and I ran a 260 ohm resistor inline to bring down the brightness a little.

So I am seen, but I don't kill my neighbors.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO