lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Curtis controller

i have a stock curtis 1515-5206 250 amp controller, does anyone know if there is a 350 to 500 amp curtis replacement? this is on a 2014 club car precedent
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 04:39 AM   #2
transfixer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Curtis controller

You can get a dealer to send it off for you and get it upgraded, I had mine upgraded from 225 to 400amp.
transfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:51 AM   #3
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfixer View Post
You can get a dealer to send it off for you and get it upgraded, I had mine upgraded from 225 to 400amp.
Really? What is the cost for this? Can David do this? I have a spare controller I would like to send.
brownchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Curtis makes a 1268 500a controller which I put in my cart, not sure however of compatability with yours as I installed a whole system. Works great.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownchristian View Post
Really? What is the cost for this? Can David do this? I have a spare controller I would like to send.
I don't deal with rebuilt controllers, especially rebuilt sepex controllers trying to squeeze more amperage out of the same small case as the OEM controller. It's a little different with the Curtis series controllers. Curtis actually made a 400 amp series controller in the same case as the OEM controllers and it seemed to work fine, but with an IQ or Excel, I don't even think it's possible. There is a 500 amp Curtis 1268 conversion kit for both the Excel and IQ Club Car systems, but it's a known issue with the Excel conversion. I have never personally installed one on an Excel car. But after hearing all of the horror stories, I've pretty much quit recommending them. Instead, we replace the Excel harness in the cart with an IQ harness for the same vehicle to simplify things and there hasn't been an issue yet.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car