lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Thinking of selling, how to value cart?

Well, I hate to even think about it, but we are moving and the new location is a very small neighborhood off of a busy street so I don't think I will be able to use the cart anymore. I may be putting it on the market soon, but do not even know how I should price this thing. It is a 2003 txt pds that has been rebuilt from the frame up. I took it all the way down to frame, removed any rust, and painted frame with POR15. New battery rack, 5" All Sports lift kit, new shocks, new steering rack assembly, 14" ITP wheels and all terrain tires, steeling rear seat, extended top, converted to 48v and 2 year old Crown 190 8 volt batteries, Scotty B wires throughout, Alltrax xct 500, D&D es51 motor, kenwood amp and polk speakers in kickplate, new ez go body in inferno red, black diamond plate accessories, DPI accusense charger, etc. I am sure I am missing something. I basically rebuilt this cart from the frame up. What is a ballpark value for a cart like this?

golf1.jpg

golf3.jpg
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thinking of selling, how to value cart?

This is my build thread to show all what I did to this cart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...pds-build.html
Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

it is worth alot...i would ask at least $7,000... but that is just my opinion, i have no reasonable idea....
very nice cart...
we just got a stock PDS,new t105`s-same year for 1,500-but we stole it for that price...shoulda gone for 2,500-3,300 around here with the market in this area-but it depends where you are-some places will get $premium$-some places not as much...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #4
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Thinking of selling, how to value cart?

I agree with mutant about location. I’m always looking at Facebook marketplace just to get an idea of what they are going for around here. Just for comparison, I’ve seen a bunch of 36v carts (2 year old batts supposedly) with lift ,tires, back seat and painted body go for around $4K. Your cart is way more valuable than the average run of the mill flip cart though. I would say at least 6500 to 7000 and people will probably low-ball you and offer 3500 I’m sure. I hate that you have to sell it, it’s a really nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
I agree with mutant about location. I’m always looking at Facebook marketplace just to get an idea of what they are going for around here. Just for comparison, I’ve seen a bunch of 36v carts (2 year old batts supposedly) with lift ,tires, back seat and painted body go for around $4K. Your cart is way more valuable than the average run of the mill flip cart though. I would say at least 6500 to 7000 and people will probably low-ball you and offer 3500 I’m sure. I hate that you have to sell it, it’s a really nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have been looking at local carts for sale to get an idea. It's tough to compare because most carts are stock carts with lift, wheels, tires, etc. I redid everything and significantly upgraded electronics, motor, etc. I also have a DPI accusense smart charger that go's with cart. I guess if I get to the point of selling I will clean her up, ask high and see what happens. I really hate to even think about selling it though. Almost makes me 2nd guess my decision to move...
Old 12-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it were me, when I listed it I would not put a yr model on it. You rebuilt the whole thing so in my mind it would be a 2016. I would list what was done to it, but if they ask I would tell them a yr model but stress that it is "newer" than the year it was first made.
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03psd73 View Post
If it were me, when I listed it I would not put a yr model on it. You rebuilt the whole thing so in my mind it would be a 2016. I would list what was done to it, but if they ask I would tell them a yr model but stress that it is "newer" than the year it was first made.
Good point. Very few parts are original.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

IMO if you get much higher than a stock lifted cart it will be a hard sell as everyone is looking at the same local carts and yours will be double the price. You may get lucky but hard to get out what you put into it when you go all out. Good luck.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

right around here I would say your looking at $6000.00 but I think you would have a hard time getting it right now. I think you would do better in the spring then around the holidays.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you're moving to the wrong neighborhood Move someplace where there is a lake with wooded trails, fishing and squirrel hunting all done from the cart of course
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO