lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Kristian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rxv charging?

I have a 2012 rxv. I was wondering if the battery charger will charge the cart with the key on?
I am looking to go for a extended ride and was wondering if I could use my Honda generator and my ezgo charger to keep the batteries charged while driving?

Thank you in advance
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Rxv charging?

The factory charger will charge with the key on, but the cart will not drive with the factory charger plugged in. It would work with a DPI charger tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Kristian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What charger would I need and would it have to be wired different
Or can the stock charger be rewired to the batteries?
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I don't think the factory charger will work correctly if wired directly to the batteries. I think it has to be disconnected to restart a charge cycle after it finishes, or it will only charge once, and just sit there after that. A DPI charger would work (and allow the cart to drive while plugged in) plugged into the factory port, but it would also need to be unplugged to reset after a completed charge. The third wire on the factory charger activates the ports temp/data channel, which causes the port to lock out cart operation. The third wire on a DPI rxv charger just has an unterminated pin in location 3. There is the option of disabling the lockout feature of the port, which would allow the factory charger to be used, but it would need to be unplugged after a completed charge to reset the charger. There is a blue wire on the back of the charge port. If you unplugged it from the charger port, and hooked it to 48v B+, the lockout feature is disabled.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:32 AM   #5
Kristian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank for the info
So it sounds like if I move the blue wire and used the cart and then after battery went down a bit hook up charger to generator and plugged into cart it would charge constant as long as the batteries didn't become fully charged
Old 12-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, I think that would work.

Tags
ezgo rxv charging ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO