lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
scheppers.david
Not Yet Wild

Default 48 volt club car wont move

I have 48 volt club car golf cart with serial AQ0321-286096 that wont move. I got the cart given to me and they thought the batteries were just bad. I put 4 good 12 volt batteries in it and it drove maybe 10 feet and shut off and hasn't ran since. I tested the batteries and I have 50 volts across all 4 batteries. when I step on the gas I can hear the solenoid click but no movement. how can I diagnose the problem? thanks
scheppers.david is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
JCS6N
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48 volt club car wont move

hi have you tested the solenoid with a multimeter to make sure the current is passing threw as some times a solenoid click but don't create contact inside
when you say good battery's have they been load tested ?
JCS6N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Those batteries are not strong enough to run that cart. You need 6 good 8 volt golf cart batteries.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #4
scheppers.david
Not Yet Wild

only reason I was using 4 12 volt batteries is because I wanted to make sure everything worked and drove before I invested in 6 new batteries and something else was wrong with it. I figured it would at least move just might not have much juice. it drove like 10 feet and shut off. I haven't had them load tested either. I will have to get that done to. I also do have 50 volts on both sides of the solenoid in back by the computer. I also have 50 volts goin into the black box under the golf cart by the pedal and when I press the gas down 50 volts comes out the other wire while the pedal is pressed and when released their is 0 volts. what is the bigger black box in the back that has all the wires goin into it? is their a way to test that to make sure it is good?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you did not put the cart in Tow mode before working with batteries you may have got a spark that would let the smoke out of the controller.

Recharge the batteries and try again if that works you would be likely good to go.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #6
scheppers.david
Not Yet Wild

I tried recharging the batteries and put in tow mode and still don’t get it to move. Is their any way to test the computer or the other black box next to the computer? Thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you using old 12v car batteries?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
scheppers.david
Not Yet Wild

Yes but they all tested good On a load tester
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car