lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Northern Wisconsin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 2006 Precedent Lights - Again

Hello all. New member. First post. Wish I'd seen this forum sooner. It's great.

Bought a 4x12 battery 2006 Precedent last June. We have enjoyed it so much I decided to do some upgrades over the winter. Put a seat on the back (needed more room as our Bernese Mtn Dog puppies grew). New heavy duty rear springs. Replaced a couple worn tires. New mirrors. All good stuff.

But, also got a Rec Pro Deluxe Lighting package that has me stumped. And considering it's electrical, that doesn't take much. I am electrically challenged.

Anyway, the instructions aren't very clear either. So here's what I've done.
- installed front light(s)
-attached tail lights
-attached blinker arm to steering column
-attached horn

I have also connected a 5 wire 48-12 DC/DC reducer. Instructions say for 3 wire - 1 to positive 1 to ground and 1 to cold ignition side. Still ok.

But here's where I'm stumped. The out going 12v wires are to go 1 to ground and 1 to lighting harness. Problem is, where? All the 12 pin, 9 pin, etc connectors all hook up and there us no place to hook into.

And there is this extra light blue wire with a fuse in it that I presume goes somewhere?

I've seen that this is a frequent topic, but haven't found this specifically.

All help is appreciated. Thanks
Northern Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Rgf911
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent Lights - Again

For my gas car it went into a blank blue wire by my battery. Had a female spade on it. Connected the other to the battery.
Rgf911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
Northern Wisconsin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks 911. Any idea why there and what it’s for?
Northern Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

as per TahoeDawg below! He enlightened me as to the location...

Under the seat, you'll run the 10 gauge blue wire near your solenoid to the main positive battery post to feed the light circuit. The light kit should come with about a 2 foot long section of wire with either a fuse or a circuit breaker in it. You will use that piece to make your connection to the battery pack.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Be careful with that Blue wire, depending on where You plugged the Converter, The Blue wire will either be the +48v input or the +12v output.

If You used a 12-pin to 12-pin plug-and-play Club Car Precedent harness and mounted the Converter up front where the 12-pin bucket harness comes up front the passenger side, then the Blue wire by the battery carries the +48v input for the Converter.

If You wired the converter directly to the pack positive and the existing accessory negative OFF Controller B-, then the +12v output of the Converter gets connected to that Blue wire that goes into the bucket harness.

Do not plug the bucket harness blue wire to the pack positive battery post unless the Converter is using the 12-pin to 12-pin adapter.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #6
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, in my case the 48/12 reducer plugged right into the light harness (with an inline adapter) in the dash with the reducer itself mounted up in the middle between the wheel wells.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0138.jpg (134.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0140.jpg (132.5 KB, 0 views)
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light wiring problem, reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car