lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS, original OEM headlight issue

Mooncarter, is this is correct, you owe me a Coke!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #22
scrannel
Gone Wild

FWIW I have a 2000 DS 48v and just running lights. The original 12v bulbs have a direct 48v replacement ("bayonet" style). Work perfectly straight up.
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #23
Harlow42
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the tip on using 48v bulbs, I unhooked the leads (from this object that I am calling a heat sink) and both head lights are dim. Hooked up the lead with two blue wires, left off the lead with two black wires. The passenger light is bright, drivers side is barely glowing. Moved the lead with two blue wires to the opposite connection on this Heat Sink?, and both lights are dim. Same as if I left off both leads. removed the two Blue lead and hooked up just the two black wires. Lights are still dim.
Conclusion is, that the two blue wire lead will only make the passenger light very bright when hooked up to the left connection only. Any other combination results in dim lights.
I hooked my meter up to Both leads and it produced 5.4v .
I tried positive to each lead and negative to chassis ground and it produced 2.4v
Come to think of it, only the passenger light gets bright, the drivers side is either barely glowing or dim, depending on which leads are moved or if both leads are left unhooked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heat Sink.jpg (172.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Harlow42; 05-19-2018 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: another point
Harlow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Still not sure of what you have going on. Without being able to trace all the wires and see what you have.

This is what I would do if it was mine. And I'm not here to sell you anything.

Rip out everything and start from scratch with a 48 to 12 volt reducer. It is not that expensive. You have something that is not wired correctly or a bad component(s) creating heat. It is a fire hazard. Hope this helps.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #25
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I am completely lost with that one..... As MC stated, I would probably remove what did not have to be there and go with something you know and can depend on.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I am completely lost with that one..... As MC stated, I would probably remove what did not have to be there and go with something you know and can depend on.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #27
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

First off... DO NOT test anything using a chassis ground, because there isn't a chassis ground on an electric cart!
And I disagree with removing everything and starting from scratch! (except maybe the 16v-12v reducer)

That "heat sink" is a Voltage Limiter to protect the headlamps. (I have one on my gasser)
It is polarized with positive, and negative terminals.
I only have black wires connected to mine, so I don't know where your blue wires come into play.

99T6wiringimg109 - Copy.jpg

It's odd... it only shows on the gas wiring diagram, but not on the sparky diagram, and that's why I didn't see it before!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Harlow does your set-up look like Lockman's? If so, you should be able to duplicate the wiring, if it does not and you have an aftermarket set up, I would still remove what does not have to be there and go with something you know and can depend on as from what you have written, you have tried every configuration and there is a problem with one of the components or a short somewhere or ???. Just really hard to say and aftermarket kits are harder to find replacement parts.

If it is a factory set up, then it should match Lockman's or there be more assistance available from a CC manual somewhere, which also means "obtainable" parts.... Revolution Golf Cars (Site Sponsor) can get any CC item available.

And Harlow, this is a forum and where people try to help through various experiences and ideas, it does not necessarily mean we all have the same opinions or recommendations, so take it all in and see what works best for your particular needs and capabilities.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #29
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If it has OEM headlights, the limiter is OEM also!

And yeah... David knows a bit more about sparky's than I do!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:27 AM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I think that is the biggest problem, we have way too many "if"s going on here and none of us knows for sure because something is just not adding up....

I do not know if that limiter can cause what his problem is (just one light), but if so, heck I am sure it is a cheap part, just order one and replace it...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car