lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax help

http://http://www.buggiesgonewild.co...1&d=1533648153 so the picture on the left i am not sure where they go. The picture on the right do i need to put ring terminals on and install as shown in the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54F5EC4A-99DA-4DC6-ADF9-20F8C2E87EB9.jpg (79.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 98EF6646-9A42-42E8-AA5A-C7C526BC1700.jpg (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax help

Yes on the #10 ring terminals for the small blue and blue/wht wires. Which are shown at the correct terminals based upon the diode position.
If the red wire terminal is 5/16th terminal it goes on the solenoid with the battery main B+ cable. It may be slightly small for the 3/8 solenoid terminal. You can pick up a terminal to fit or cut it and spread it open 1/16th to fit.
Looks like the black wire went to controller B-. Can you verify this with your before pics and notes?

If you need more help than this be sure to identify the cart you are asking about.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes on the #10 ring terminals for the small blue and blue/wht wires. Which are shown at the correct terminals based upon the diode position.
If the red wire terminal is 5/16th terminal it goes on the solenoid with the battery main B+ cable. It may be slightly small for the 3/8 solenoid terminal. You can pick up a terminal to fit or cut it and spread it open 1/16th to fit.
Looks like the black wire went to controller B-. Can you verify this with your before pics and notes?

If you need more help than this be sure to identify the cart you are asking about.
Ok sorry it’s a 2014 precident IQ its just so much harder with the different solenoid and 2 gauge wires i am not sure this cart will ever run again unless i can find someone that works on these things around here. I don’t want to burn anything up.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
KACinPA
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
Ok sorry it’s a 2014 precident IQ its just so much harder with the different solenoid and 2 gauge wires i am not sure this cart will ever run again unless i can find someone that works on these things around here. I don’t want to burn anything up.
Where in PA are you? There is a place near Lehighton where I bought my cart that is very good with doing mods.
KACinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post

Look at Scottyb’s reply, there is your answer.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1533655806
So it looks like i have the wrong black wire to the controller it looks like i need to extend the other black one. Then that leaves the black with a white stripe homeless. There is a lot of wires hooked up to the one side of the solenoid I didn’t see any pictures like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95CDF6DF-E0D2-49D8-9886-F10238A722C7.jpg (71.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2014E143-F4AB-4D3E-95B9-AD47F9D782A1.jpg (88.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #7
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACinPA View Post
Where in PA are you? There is a place near Lehighton where I bought my cart that is very good with doing mods.
That would be a 3 1/2 hour drive from where i live in kersey pa 15846
Old 08-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Follow the diagram that came with the controller. Wire the car exactly like that, with the exception of reversing the F1 and F2 wires on the motor. Otherwise, it hooks up exactly like the book shows. A major issue I see here is that you're installing an XCT 500 but you're installing the factory 6 gauge cables. That's a major no-no. The 500 amp controller needs much larger cables to carry the extra amp load that it can deliver to the motor. You need a full 2 gauge cable set to use this controller without the risk of melt-down. If you're using it with the factory motor you need to dial the maximum controller output back down to 400 amps MAX or you sacrifice motor life. The factory motor won't take 500 amps for long before it fails.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Another issue I see if your wire placement on the controller. The row of 3 terminals where you have those large power cables connected.... That's not correct. Here's a photo that should help clear some of that up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (921.7 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #10
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok i do have a 11 pc 2 gauge wire kit so when i added the 2 motor wires the white and green wires became the blue and orange it made sense to use the bigger gauge wires and not have to change the terminals to rings. They are labeled you just cant see it in the picture. The idea came from WalterM6. Sounded like a good one. Thank you for the pics i can use a better picture of the 400a solenoid wired up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car