lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #31
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: First time Alltrax install..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That battery arrangement looks strange, here is the OEM cabling:

You may need to do some fine tuning in the Altrax programming if your pack is dropping too much in voltage (less than 44v) during acceleration.
yeah I had to do some arranging in order for the cables to fit and not stretch and stress too much. My main positive and negative are opposite from the OEM setup due to where my solenoid is mounted and the battery side I have it hooked to. Also I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with the way it runs or I'm dropping too much voltage I was just curious as to how much of a percentage in power increase you get from a set up like this as opposed to a stock set up.
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #32
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

Default First time Alltrax install..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The REGEN diode is correct on top of the Solenoid.

You are missing the small flyback diode on the Solenoid small posts.

The diode side with the stripe will go towards the light blue wire.

Just one more thing, there are two different ways to wire the F1 and F2 to make the cart go the correct direction as indicated by the FNR switch, but there are many incorrect diagrams produced by Alltrax:
Controller B+ to Motor A1 and Controller F1 to Motor F1
Controller B+ to Motor A2 and Controller F1 to Motor F2

If the cart does not move after you install everything, check the charger interlock setting in the Alltrax software:
Open the Alltrax Toolkit software and click on Tools then Options.

Make sure you have a checkmark on the "Show Charge Interlock".

Go to the "Controller Settings" Tab and scroll all the way to the bottom of that page.

Change the option: "Disable the Motor Controller when User3 is:" to "Floating/NC"

Click the "Set" button (on the left of the Program) to save the settings
I inherited an '04 Precedent (S/N PQ04XX-XXXXX) that has a 500A Altrax XCT controller. Reverse is way too aggressive. When I changed the reverse from 50% to 15% I couldn't move forward and reverse was unchanged. I set reverse back to 50% and it ran like it did before I messed with it. So I went to look at the wiring and here's how it's wired:

Motor A1 to Controller B+
Motor A2 to Controller M-
Motor F1 to Controller F2
Motor F2 to Controller F1

The FNR switch works correctly.

Will swapping Motor F1 to Controller F1 and Motor F2 to Controller F2 fix my problem?
Luke Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #33
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

bump
Old 01-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #34
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The easiest check is to listen for the Reverse buzzer when the FNR is in the Reverse position.

If You don't have a working reverse buzzer, You need to use the Alltrax monitor screen to verify the "Reverse Switch Input" is ON when the FNR is in reverse.

If the buzzer is "active" when the FNR is in Forward, and since the cart is currently moving in the correct direction, then YES, swap both the FNR wires as well as the F1 and F2 cables to the Motor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #35
Luke Duke
Getting Wild

Update: I contacted Alltrex tech support (which is very good) and they told me to swap the A wires at the motor, which solved my problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car