lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #1
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Operation Help Thy Neighbor

So I am helping my neighbor and friend diagnose this cart not moving.

It is a 2014 TXT with new batteries. He drive it in our neighborhood holiday parade last Saturday. Sunday he began installing a new lift kit and leaf springs. Upon completion yesterday he hoped in the cart to go for a cruise.

The cart did not move. I want over last night and performed some basic trouble shooting. I discovered the the solenoid is not clicking/engaging. He had a new one previously purchased so we swapped it out. Still no click.

I followed ScottyB's guide and checked for voltage everywhere. 50+ across the board accept the small terminals on the solenoid itself.

Is the controller shot? Can you bypass the solenoid? Any suggestions?
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Operation Help Thy Neighbor

You can by pass the solenoid but there is no reason to do so since you already know the problem is in the solenoid activation circuit. (no power to the solenoid small terminals)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There should be 48v between the 2 small solenoid posts when the pedal is depressed. Test and see which side you are missing. Blue wire side is - (provided by the solenoid) and the red wire side is +. This starts at the battery + Check it is hooked up, then follow it as highlighted in red on my diagram below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT48 solenoid activation.JPG (172.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would ask him if he disconnected the batteries when he installed the lift and if he remembers any sparks doing it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
CaptainKook
Not Yet Wild

Howdy I’m the neighbor. Negative was disconnected, cart was in tow mode. Thank you for the post/responses.
CaptainKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I had sent a PM reply to Andy to check the motor sensor wiring. There is a 3 conductor cable that can get stretched when installing a lift kit. It has +, -, and a signal wire to the controller. If the controller senses a steady + on the signal output, it will not enable the solenoid - wire. Also check the Charger Disable wire, as that can alsp prevent the solenoid from being enabled.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captainkook
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO