lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Default Lift kit life tip....

Listen to the directions when they tell you to do one side at a time.....

I ended up loosening both u bolts and the axle immediately rotated and put tons of stress on the wires... it was an absolute pain in the butt to get it back right by myself.

That is all
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit life tip....

Lol! You are not the first my friend..... I had to do that several times, but fortunately, I had usually removed the motor just prior too....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Lol! You are not the first my friend..... I had to do that several times, but fortunately, I had usually removed the motor just prior too....
It was hectic.. of course my jack couldn’t get the cart high enough to fit the leaf springs in on top of the axle, and the leaf spring bushing kit I ordered had the metal bushings too long so I had to shave them down.. all while trying to keep pressure off the wires.

I’ve worked on car rearends a million times but they don’t have such a heavy weight that forces them to rotate so hard.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The ears that the spring bushing sleeves go into get pinched together around the sleeve when you tighten the bolt. I always give them a whack or two with a 4lb hammer to spread them back apart. Makes putting the spring bushings back a breeze.

Also a 3 foot pry bar stuck between the motor and axle makes it way easier to rock it forward/backward and keep it from rolling on you. Doesnt do you much good this time, but next time keep it in mind.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

OP joins a long list of those to do this. It happens. Drop the leaf spring on one side and one bolt off the leaf spring shackle on the other (in rear) to allow axle to drop but not rotate. Use jacks accordingly to raise and lower entire assembly as needed.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car