lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
g.wynniii
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent Light Wiring Harness

Hello all, first post to the site. Seeking some information on the light kit wiring harness for my 2010 club car precedent. I have attached pictures to help with my questions. Specifically, I'm having a hard time identifying:

A) What is the grey/orange plug used for?
B) What the extra wires with connectors (blue, green, orange, red) can be used for. For example, can I use any of these to hook up a horn?
C) In your opinion(s), for LED light bar and other lighting or electronic accessories, should I purchase the quick connect voltage reducer made for plugging into the current harness? Or purchase the type voltage reducer where I wire separately to the batteries then a bus bar for additional accessories?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my questions. This site has been instrumental in helping me upgrade my cart, but for the life I me I can't sort our the wiring harness I have pictured. For clarity, I do currently have lights wired and plugged into the harness that were installed before I owned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC2.jpg (191.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC1.jpg (199.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC3.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
g.wynniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Light Wiring Harness

Sorry. IDK either but I hope someone will chime in. I am interested to learn myself.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.wynniii View Post
Hello all, first post to the site. Seeking some information on the light kit wiring harness for my 2010 club car precedent. I have attached pictures to help with my questions. Specifically, I'm having a hard time identifying:

A) What is the grey/orange plug used for?
B) What the extra wires with connectors (blue, green, orange, red) can be used for. For example, can I use any of these to hook up a horn?
C) In your opinion(s), for LED light bar and other lighting or electronic accessories, should I purchase the quick connect voltage reducer made for plugging into the current harness? Or purchase the type voltage reducer where I wire separately to the batteries then a bus bar for additional accessories?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my questions. This site has been instrumental in helping me upgrade my cart, but for the life I me I can't sort our the wiring harness I have pictured. For clarity, I do currently have lights wired and plugged into the harness that were installed before I owned.
A. The grey/orange plug in the first picture is where the factory "Visage" GPS system would attach to your cart when it was used on the golf course.

B. The extra wires with the female blade terminals on them are intended to be plugged into a 48 volt relay. The relay toggles power on and off to the brake light circuit when you cycle the key switch. This keeps the brake lights from being operable when you turn the key off.

C. The Plug N Play factory style reducer is my absolute favorite. I don't use anything except those. If you're interested in adding accessories to it via a buss bar, there is an additional pigtail coming off of the reducer that allows you to add on to the output circuit easily. On a Precedent, it's a no brainer. That's the best reducer on the market and it's so easy to install.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
g.wynniii
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Many Thanks !
g.wynniii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light harness, precedent, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car